Subway today

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Subway today

Postby Mori » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:45 pm

SPT getting pelters at the moment.

ET

SPT slammed over Subway delays

GLASGOW Subway bosses have come under fire for the "shambolic" handling of a tunnel fault that has seen a station closed since Tuesday and services severely disrupted.

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Haggis » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Shocking. Some legacy the city has for games, eh? What a joke. The city needs, and is screaming out for, a metro system. We dont even have to dig up city centre streets to get it through - We have plenty disused lines... and some tunnels.
Come on Glasgow, get off your knees.
Haggis
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby motman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Mori wrote:SPT getting pelters at the moment.

ET

GLASGOW Subway bosses have come under fire for the "shambolic" handling of a tunnel fault that has seen a station closed since Tuesday and services severely disrupted.

What a PR disaster :roll:
motman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:20 pm

It was handled terribly to be honest. Even their flashy new app they've been showing everywhere was showing a full service up until Friday lunchtime when they pushed the first notification out about it.
crusty_bint wrote: i.e. they're not a bawhair away from Dickensian!
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 am

motman wrote:
Mori wrote:SPT getting pelters at the moment.

ET

What a PR disaster :roll:

Maybe, but what's the alternative? Hand it over to First to run? Given their track record (pun intended) I can't see them doing any better of a job.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:55 am

Haggis wrote:Shocking. Some legacy the city has for games, eh? What a joke. The city needs, and is screaming out for, a metro system. We dont even have to dig up city centre streets to get it through - We have plenty disused lines... and some tunnels.
Come on Glasgow, get off your knees.

And what? Assassinate Eck. It's not Glasgow who held up The Glasgow Airport Rail Link , it was the tram obsessed Edinburgh based government who killed that. Not to mention Glasgow crossrail. I'm sure Keith Brown will give you a short and sweet response if you write to him.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:30 pm

The tram-obsessed Edinburgh government were so sneaky about the whole thing they tried to disguise what they were up to by voting against it. The devious bastards!
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby SomeRandomBint » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:48 pm

I'm surprise it's taken this long for this news to make it on here! Anyone with any opinions on why it was closed? They've already replaced the station name banner at Cowcaddens, so I don't think the problem was in the station section of the tunnel, although I could be wrong. All I know it, I turned up for my train on Tuesday morning and there was no Subway. The chaps working there seemed as shocked as I was.

I don't know... I think the Subway does its job pretty well. The world didn't end. What didn't help the situation was the First had changed the bus numbers, but not the bus stop numbers. In a normal city, if you couldn't get the underground, you go and get a bus. That didn't happen. But hey, it was good weather, and I've got a nice bit of a tan and slightly firmer legs as a result. :D

Seriously though, I guessed one of the more knowledgeable folks on here MUST have a theory of how you can suddenly find a fairly major fault in that tunnel. What made me a bit suss about it all was that, for 2 weeks beforehand, the trains have been *crawling* through that section. Now, that might be related to the planned works, but it struck me as a bit odd...
"-What was all that then? - What? - THAT. - That was Glasgow"
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby subwayfan » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:10 am

What are people's thoughts on here about SPT's new smart ticket system they are introducing from Saturday?
10 and 20 journey tickets are to be scrapped, and new 28 day passes introduced. Needless to say that it gets more expensive for people who use the subway regularly, but not several times a day.

There's a petition asking SPT to keep the multi-journey tickets, and also to improve service times:
http://you.38degrees.org.uk/p/gsubway

Please sign and spread the word if you agree.
subwayfan
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:25 pm

subwayfan wrote:What are people's thoughts on here about SPT's new smart ticket system they are introducing from Saturday?
10 and 20 journey tickets are to be scrapped, and new 28 day passes introduced. Needless to say that it gets more expensive for people who use the subway regularly, but not several times a day.

There's a petition asking SPT to keep the multi-journey tickets, and also to improve service times:
http://you.38degrees.org.uk/p/gsubway

Please sign and spread the word if you agree.

The Egg Man wrote: ...............

* I'm still using a 20 journey ticket I bought in June 2007.

I had a conversation about this with an SPT chap just yesterday just after I'd used the ticket* I mention above. He didn't seem to believe the old 20 journey tickets lasted forever.

*it has two journeys left.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:47 pm

I tried to buy a 28-day pass this week. They wouldn't sell me one. "Only at weekends".

Same thing with other travel cards. What's the logic behind it, do you reckon? The train folk seem perfectly happy to sell you a monthly any day you want one.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Grahame » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:27 pm

I've signed the petition, sent them a complaint email (still awaiting a response), posted same on their Facebook page, and wrote to the Herald.
They say that they are introducing an Oyster-style multipass card, but the leaflets they are giving out give no details about the card, whether it will be usable on buses and/or trains as well, or say when it will be introduced - only that the existing multi-journey cards will be replaced by the season tickets 'as an interim measure'. The whole thing is a shambles.
And we still can't get a decent service that runs after 6.30pm on a Sunday. :roll:
Grahame
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Josef wrote:I tried to buy a 28-day pass this week. They wouldn't sell me one. "Only at weekends".

Same thing with other travel cards. What's the logic behind it, do you reckon? The train folk seem perfectly happy to sell you a monthly any day you want one.

I wonder if its sold the same way as a zonecard josef, i think they start on a sat or sun, (dont quote me on it).

With season tickets they run 7/28 days so can start any day of the week
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby busdriver » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:25 pm

tobester wrote:
Josef wrote:I tried to buy a 28-day pass this week. They wouldn't sell me one. "Only at weekends".

I wonder if its sold the same way as a zonecard josef, i think they start on a sat or sun, (dont quote me on it).

With season tickets they run 7/28 days so can start any day of the week

This link may offer an explanation: SPT Although if I remember correctly these tickets are only valid Sunday to Saturday (7 days) and only existing tickets could be renewed on the Thursday, eg Zonecards could be renewed on the Thursday if still valid to the Saturday.
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Out with the old and in with the New ! :D

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)