Subway today

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Subway today

Postby dazza » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:21 pm

I noticed today that Kelvinbridge now has a set of swinging doors at the bottom of the escalators !?
dazza
-
-

Postby sandabound » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:30 pm

dazza wrote:I noticed today that Kelvinbridge now has a set of swinging doors at the bottom of the escalators !?

Does Tommy Sheridan know about them ? :D
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:24 am

that made me smile that did sandabound.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sandabound » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:22 pm

banjo wrote:that made me smile that did sandabound.

:D
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Josef » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:55 pm

Whilst it's all well and good opening till 6:30 p.m. on a Sunday, it might be worthwhile pointing out to The Toorists that that closing time applies solely to the time that the drivers get home for dinner. On a good day.

You'll have gathered that I'm unamused at being kicked off at Govan U at five to six and told to make my own way home.

Either run the thing to everyone else's working hours or shut it entirely.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:27 pm

Josef wrote:Either run the thing to everyone else's working hours or shut it entirely.

Exactly. It never ceases to amaze me that when every other bugger in employment (or not) is being forced to pull their breeks & socks up, this mob just carry on regardless.
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:53 pm

it caught my son out on sunday because it does not run before 10 am he had to get a taxi over to work in ibrox.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:38 am

Hope to live long enough to see the driver-less trains on the upgraded underground system. Good to note that the reporter didn''t say C*******k O****e.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35728822
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:44 am

dimairt wrote:Hope to live long enough to see the driver-less trains on the upgraded underground system. Good to note that the reporter didn''t say C*******k O****e.

Durachdan,

Eddy

Hmm....I'm a bit luddite I quite like my train to have a driver....
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby peasy23 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:37 pm

RDR wrote:
dimairt wrote:Hope to live long enough to see the driver-less trains on the upgraded underground system. Good to note that the reporter didn''t say C*******k O****e.

Durachdan,

Eddy

I've been on the DLR in London, you don't even realise that there isn't a driver.

I notice the article mentions that the new trains will have "dedicated facilities for wheelchair users". Wonder how many stations they will actually be able to use though?
peasy23
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby dazza » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:30 pm

peasy23 wrote:I notice the article mentions that the new trains will have "dedicated facilities for wheelchair users". Wonder how many stations they will actually be able to use though?

Govan and St Enoch
dazza
-
-

Postby RDR » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:12 pm

peasy23 wrote:
RDR wrote:

Durachdan,

Eddy

I've been on the DLR in London, you don't even realise that there isn't a driver.

I notice the article mentions that the new trains will have "dedicated facilities for wheelchair users". Wonder how many stations they will actually be able to use though?

Me to, and the first thing I noticed was no driver!
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mercury » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:23 pm

I was on the subway on Friday night, at a station the train suddenly filled with a mixed crowd all wearing medical scrubs. Having had a pint or three I thought I had wakened up in Emergency Ward 10. Each station was the same, crowds in scrubs. The girl who sat beside me explained that they were all at Uni studying medicine and all went on the Scrubway tour. She apologized if they had spoiled my journey, well she was an American, I said no in fact I had enjoyed talking to her. Another couple who got off the train at the same stop as me were moaning about their night being ruined and were saying that they should phone the Uni to complain. :roll:
mercury
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby RDR » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:45 pm

mercury wrote:I was on the subway on Friday night, at a station the train suddenly filled with a mixed crowd all wearing medical scrubs. Having had a pint or three I thought I had wakened up in Emergency Ward 10. Each station was the same, crowds in scrubs. The girl who sat beside me explained that they were all at Uni studying medicine and all went on the Scrubway tour. She apologized if they had spoiled my journey, well she was an American, I said no in fact I had enjoyed talking to her. Another couple who got off the train at the same stop as me were moaning about their night being ruined and were saying that they should phone the Uni to complain. :roll:

Except the scrub suits are taken from the NHS and cost money to replace....not the first time Glasgow Uni medical students have been told not to do this.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:01 pm

RDR wrote:
mercury wrote:I was on the subway on Friday night, at a station the train suddenly filled with a mixed crowd all wearing medical scrubs. Having had a pint or three I thought I had wakened up in Emergency Ward 10. Each station was the same, crowds in scrubs. The girl who sat beside me explained that they were all at Uni studying medicine and all went on the Scrubway tour. She apologized if they had spoiled my journey, well she was an American, I said no in fact I had enjoyed talking to her. Another couple who got off the train at the same stop as me were moaning about their night being ruined and were saying that they should phone the Uni to complain. :roll:

Except the scrub suits are taken from the NHS and cost money to replace....not the first time Glasgow Uni medical students have been told not to do this.

Oh, don't be so grumpy!
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)