Flagpoles at Anniesland X

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Flagpoles at Anniesland X

Postby scotiaphotographic » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:15 pm

I stay just along the road from this building, he's a nice guy never walks past without saying hello to you but I have seen him either in the morning or evening walking along both sides of the road at Anniesland Cross and round Foulis Lane picking up the litter.
scotiaphotographic
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby ibtg » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:28 am

Does anyone know if the building has been sold?

Paddy Power is moving in to the shops and the building seems to be getting a proper makeover, roof being fixed, etc.
www.mycityglasgow.co.uk
ibtg
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:15 am

Paddy Power now open and work continuing in the close.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:43 pm

I've noticed that the flags haven't been changed for some time now and the two that are hanging there are rather forlorn looking now.

Also, the scaffolding was erected for that long and I don't think it was a re-roof, one of the workmen at the time said they were making it watertight but that there was a fair amount of damage to the building itself from water penetration over the years. The two top windows are boarded up and a fair amount of Glasgow's pigeons are now homeless.

Such a shame that the owners eccentricity has allowed it to fall into such poor state of repair but it's mind boggling that the houses are sitting empty, even if only he had done them up and rented them out....
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)