I felt old in the Garage

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Gazzathecoigne » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am

I used to work on the door at the Garage a good while back, and it has gone right down hill something awfull. Even back then though the signs were'nt good. I worked there at the time it was closed for breaking its lisence by letting too many people in, it re-opened and built G2 but it never took off as management would've liked and was ultimately used as an overflow when busy.

There was alot of Columbian flue going around also which did'nt help and effected decisions. But hey, who am I to talk, I was sacked. Was in on my night off when I was spotted by a chap I'd evicted a few weeks previously. Even though we all knew him he'd managed to gain entry and came at me with a miller bottle. I dodged, cracked his jaw, and he ended up with his head being supported by a crude looking scaffolding contraption apparently, so to avoid legal action I was let go.

It was to turn out to be a blessing in disguise though as not long after 3 door stewards were stabbed on the door. Had I still been employed one of them would probably have been me.

was last in it a couple of years back, and had a terrible night. As has been said, alot of underagers and wee neds who could'nt get in anywhere else, and the music was SH*T!
Gazzathecoigne
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re:

Postby Vinegar Tom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:02 pm

dazzababes wrote:
doonunda wrote:Does anyone remember the little club that used to run upstairs when it was The Mayfair? It was called Radio City on a Friday night and Helter Skelter on a Saturday.

I remember Helter Skelter being on at The Venue on a Friday night. That's the club 'round the back of The Garage which is now called G2. The club changed it's name to Eruption after a while.

Radio City / Helter Skelter was our favourite club when we were young enough :roll: So many nights in that bar queue. The place was full of freaks though :|

Liked it so much I got the badge and kept the flier.

Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: I felt old in the Garage

Postby MotoMad » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 am

Garage is a complete nightmare to get into. I'm 21 and i feel old heading in. Only use it as a last resort if nowhere else will take us.

Doorstaff are fucking cunts as well, right into trying to intimidate folk. Fuck em!

Buff is a great night out!
crusty_bint wrote: i.e. they're not a bawhair away from Dickensian!
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re:

Postby Doorstop » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:55 am

Jupiter-Returns wrote:They wouldn't let me in because i farted in the queue.

Obviously a Crack Squad of doormen on that night.

*I'll get my coat*.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)