City farm / recycle center

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

City farm / recycle center

Postby D » Tue May 16, 2006 1:12 pm

Putting together proposel for city farm/recycling center in the Hamiltonhill area, (Land next to Scottish waterways office, Applecross st) at the moment this seems to be a dumping ground for materials used on the canal and a bike track for the locals i think the land is owned by Scottish waterways who have it as part of there Arts plan for the canal. ( hmm)
I am Looking for some history on this site, what it used to be, used for, who by etc etc. also looking for maps, prefrebly site maps of the area from along the canal and up to the allotments on Ellsmere street (Hamiltonhill).

Any assistance would be greatly appriciated and feel free to email or ask any questions about the project.

Oh, does anyone remember Pollock city farm, went there as a kid, is it still there? are there any pics about of what it looked like, and does anyone know any other city farms that were in Glasgow. :D
D
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue May 16, 2006 6:39 pm

There was one in the North of the city run by YOP's or the Community programme late seventies.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BarrackroomLawyer » Tue May 16, 2006 7:01 pm

Won't the City Council have that info at least in their planning dept.? It may also be useful to contact DEFRA.

Just a thought. I hope I'm not the only one who would be pleased to hear back how you get on?
BarrackroomLawyer
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Tue May 16, 2006 7:12 pm

The only one I know of is at Tynecastle

http://www.gorgiecityfarm.org.uk

Good luck.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BarrackroomLawyer » Tue May 16, 2006 7:19 pm

King of the eejits here. Last week, I looked in on the local (South Maryhill) comunity consultaion for the current canal redevelopment project.

Contact the City Council or councillor Malik at the City Chambers and ask to be put in touch with the project. They'll likely have lots of useful info.
BarrackroomLawyer
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby BarrackroomLawyer » Tue May 16, 2006 7:23 pm

Ha!

Found the info pack.

Call 0141 287 9715 or 287 6835

Development and Regeneration Services
229 George St.
G1 1QU

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/ ... nsultation
BarrackroomLawyer