New Glasgow Tours

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

New Glasgow Tours

Postby daddylovesbeaver » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:08 am

Has anyone here taken a bus tour of Glasgow? I've stared work as a guide on the new tours from George Square, and i'd like to make my tour as good as it can be. Perhaps you lovely people might wish to suggest sights, stories, activities and experiences that are a must? Or if there's too much to mention, tell me three things you would want to tell a visitor about Glasgow. [/quote]
daddylovesbeaver
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Fossil » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:14 am

what's the route you take just now?
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Kirsty » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:40 am

Hi DaddylovesBeaver

I went to the induction night for the first bus tours. Is that the one you are doing?

You could tell them about Nelsons Monument on the green being struck by lightning and losing 20 feet off the top because the bright spark that built it hadn't put a lightning conducter on it.

there is also walking tours on the green from the rangers hut at 2.30 on Saturdays and Sundays. I am going on it today so I will tell you how good it is.

Good Luck in the job

Kirsty
Kirsty
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Rough Tour Route

Postby daddylovesbeaver » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:47 am

west - george sq, st vincent st, elmbank st, bath st, berkeley st, sauchiehall st, church st, byres rd, university ave, woodlands road, charing x, sauchiehall st, rose st, renfrew st, killermont st, hanover st, back down to george square again then
east - north frederick st, cathedral st, cathedral square, john knox st, duke st, high st, gallowgate, saltmarket, around into gorbals and back past sherrif court (can't remember streets here right now), clyde st, broomielaew, lancefield quay, across clyde expressway, tall ship, lancefield quay again, brown st, argyle st, queen st, george square.

I just had to do the tour in my head. Head hurts now.
daddylovesbeaver
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:17 pm

Theres a map here witha pdf version for download

http://www.firstcitytour.co.uk/
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Sightseeing tours

Postby Sandra » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:54 pm

Hi! I'm planning a trip to Glasgow this summer and was so happy to read about the sightseeing tours. I've visited Glasgow before, but only for a day or two so it'll be nice to explore the whole city by bus.
Sandra
Just settling in
Just settling in

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)