Whur did ye get yir claes fae?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Whur did ye get yir claes fae?

Postby Mori » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:07 pm

Was there not a Lumleys/Crowleys in between an entrance from Mitchel lane and Union street during the 70s/80s or am i imagining things and thinking of some other sportshop.

Greaves Always had good january sales in my sportswear shoping days before the net, JJB and all these kinda superstores.

Bought this pair of Adidas trekers couple of weeks ago for £35 reduced from £60, most comfortable pair of shoes ive had in a long while.

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Glasgow Jeans shop on Gordon Street

Postby macca10100 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:50 pm

I am hoping someone can help me. Myself and some friends were discussing places we used to go when we were younger, and a shop on Gordon Street was mentioned but no-one could remember the name of it. The shop sold mainly jeans and I think it was situated where the RBS is now and I am sure it had a bell in it that you could ring if you felt you had received good service.

Can anyone remember??

Thanks
macca10100
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Glasgow Jeans shop on Gordon Street

Postby Fat Cat » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:04 pm

macca10100 wrote:I am hoping someone can help me. Myself and some friends were discussing places we used to go when we were younger, and a shop on Gordon Street was mentioned but no-one could remember the name of it. The shop sold mainly jeans and I think it was situated where the RBS is now and I am sure it had a bell in it that you could ring if you felt you had received good service.

Can anyone remember??

Thanks

Gerards?
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:43 am

When I was a wean, I was clothed out of the Candleriggs Market usually - and still have memories of being dragged around the place as a kid. Usually we'd then go across the road to Goldbergs for the "better" stuff - and if I was lucky was taken to the toy department. If I was REALLY good, then I'd get stuff out of Lewis's!

These days I keep to my late mum's thrifty ways and get cheap branded stuff from TKMaxx....occasionally treat myself at John Lewis's!
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:28 pm

I once described the Lesley G Diffusion shop under Central Station bridge as Sheila B Devotion.

I have never been allowed to forget it.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby brickwall » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:53 am

Goldbergs. ::):
eh?
brickwall
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:27 pm

brickwall wrote:Goldbergs. ::):

It's funny my mum always used to complain about Goldbergs saying it was dear, yet still went in it nevertheless. My parents were among the first to be stung by the Stylecard as well.....!
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)