Ach come oan!!!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re:

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:23 am

Craigyboy7 wrote:Finally I Don't like How First have an monoply on transport in this city and i think giving them the rail franchise was a big mistake :evil:

I disagree. I think the 'SPT' rail services have really improved since the days (National Express) Scotrail.

I can't comment on the buses - I've never used a First Bus in Glasgow. However the ones in Aberdeen were clean and the drivers seemed good.
Ben
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Re: Re:

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:28 am

Ben wrote:
Craigyboy7 wrote:Finally I Don't like How First have an monoply on transport in this city and i think giving them the rail franchise was a big mistake :evil:

I disagree. I think the 'SPT' rail services have really improved since the days (National Express) Scotrail.

I can't comment on the buses - I've never used a First Bus in Glasgow. However the ones in Aberdeen were clean and the drivers seemed good.

My only experience of First Bus in Aberdeen involved getting on the 'campus shuttle' at RGU in the city centre and asking the driver to tell me when we got to Garthdee campus.

He looked at me as if I had twa heids and asked 'where'?
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re:

Postby Bingo Bango » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:46 am

Ally Doll wrote:In Brussels, they have one ticket for buses trams and metro, it's a pretty good idea.

Their system is slightly flawed though as you can buy a multiple journey ticket and get away with not validating it as they hardly ever check. My ten journey ticket lasted 3 months :)

Yeah, the same sort of system ran in Gothenburg when i was there - one ticket, either a daily, weekly or 4 weekly, got you access to train, bus, tram and ferry (which was bloody useful to short cut your journey now and then)

Again, you had to self validate it in the machine. The tickets were checked fairly regularly by the cutest of little ticket inspecting ladies!

The problem highlighted above though is this - we are all on here moaning about the lack of service and cleanliness etc yet are still happy/proud to have it known that they are fare dodging.

what is the impact on revenue of fair dodgers do you think? and the knock on effect (real or an excuse) to the company of lost revenue? We shouldnt be giving them ay excuses for poor service.
Bingo Bango
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)