Eating out

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Urban Myth

Postby Pgcc93 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:28 pm

Well sort of cumbo,
The version I heard was a chicken product sold by the upside down W burger people. Where a customer asked for a burger of the chicken variety and specifically asked for 'No Mayonaise'. Punter duly bites into it and low and behold there is Mayo plastered all over it. On closer inspection it's a tumor! :mrgreen:
Nice!
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby skintobalinto » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:02 pm

Pgcc93 wrote:
Was Danny Browns not the night club on the Broomielaw which shut down and then became the Orginal Cathouse? before it moved to Night Moves??? at the bottom of Union Street.
Can't quite remember what it was called, anyone??? It wasn't the 'Ultra Tech' though, that was for big grown ups in Sauchiehall Street. The knock backs just headed for the 'Sauve' (Savoy) as usual or home in my case

If it is where the Cathouse is now, it was called VIVA
skintobalinto
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:30 pm

cumbo wrote:...........................I once heard a story (urban ledgend)
regarding KFC ,a mouse ,back row ABC Sauchiehall Street. :? .........................

Pgcc93 wrote:Well sort of cumbo,
The version I heard was a chicken product sold by the upside down W burger people. Where a customer asked for a burger of the chicken variety and specifically asked for 'No Mayonaise'. Punter duly bites into it and low and behold there is Mayo plastered all over it. On closer inspection it's a tumor! :mrgreen:

I’ve heard both.
Cumbo: I think yours was relating to the K*C which was on Argyle street under central station bridge late 70‘s 80s ish (quite a small one by all accounts).

Pgcc93: This I heard this way before they :twisted: came to Glasgow. Could it have been Popeye’s friend? :wink:
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby My Kitten » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:20 pm

used to go to the blue lagoon which is where dorothy perkins is now at buchanan galleries, hard chips lovely not!
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cumbo » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:03 am

I always thought blue lagoon was a sushie bar
cos the fish is always raw! ::):
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:08 am

blue lagoon was always migning wasnt it -i dont miss that!
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:59 pm

I remember going to the Woolworth’s cafeteria which was above the store in Argyle street (what is now Dixon’s) It always looked massive with all those booths.
Also not forgetting the Café in the basement of Littlewoods which I think, (though I’m not an expert) It had the Smelly and pishy-est toilets in any retail establishment in Glasgow.
Fossil
-
-

Postby cumbo » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:42 pm

More of a six oysters and lobster thermador man myself!
ALL this talk of chips
Who knows were to get the best fish supper in Glasgow?
why do fish and chips taste better outside? :?:

Last edited by cumbo on Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby germistonguy » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:19 am

Just before M**onalds inflitrated UK, there was a place up charing cross end of sauchiehall street sold really tasty chargrilled burgers and thick milkshakes that were still drinkable without straining the jaw. I think it was called "52nd State" ~ Dino's Pizza was another good one.

Getting back to Scottish food - I don't half miss ashet pies and black pudden suppers, these are things which are UNHEARD OF on the south coast of England

Any other expats suffering withdrawal?
germistonguy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby johnnyanglia » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:59 pm

Before all the McDonalds crap way back in the early 70's i remember being taken to Skinners in St. Enoch's Square just down from RS McColl and just next to the definitive 70's pub "The Square Peg".
johnnyanglia
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:03 pm

germistonguy wrote:Just before M**onalds inflitrated UK, there was a place up charing cross end of sauchiehall street sold really tasty chargrilled burgers and thick milkshakes that were still drinkable without straining the jaw. I think it was called "52nd State" ~ Dino's Pizza was another good one.

Getting back to Scottish food - I don't half miss ashet pies and black pudden suppers, these are things which are UNHEARD OF on the south coast of England

Any other expats suffering withdrawal?

I remember that place, my uncle used to always say that the burger came straight off the cows erse it was that good!

your a bad man mentioning ashet pies. I have to make my own black pudding supper which just isnt as good :(
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:49 pm

emmar wrote:...........................................................

I have to make my own black pudding supper which just isnt as good :(

tell us more

f
Fossil
-
-

Postby xxsweetie-piexx » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:51 pm

Ther is 3 places that I go to for my lunch and dinner in glasgow and that is The horse shoe bar. i love it they make good mac and cheese. :)
Crem da la crem i go there with my mum,dad and wee sister it is an Idean restrunt but upstairs they do a buffet and it is excelent :wink: .
The last place is The china buffet king it is like Crem da la crem execpt it is chinese. ::):
xxsweetie-piexx

Postby Sharon » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:53 pm

xxsweetie-piexx wrote:Ther is 3 places that I go to for my lunch and dinner in glasgow and that is The horse shoe bar. i love it they make good mac and cheese. :)
Crem da la crem i go there with my mum,dad and wee sister it is an Idean restrunt but upstairs they do a buffet and it is excelent :wink: .
The last place is The china buffet king it is like Crem da la crem execpt it is chinese. ::):

will you please spell properly, you are giving me a headache... :evil:
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xxsweetie-piexx » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:55 pm

Im half dislecsic its not my fault and im only fifteen as well younger than you :evil:
xxsweetie-piexx

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)