Last Famous Person You Saw On The Streets Of Glasgow was...

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby dazed_and_confused » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:02 pm

When I worked in a shop in town, I met quite a few famous folk. Had Robbie Coltrane come in looking for some bits and pieces, and started telling the staff jokes about his (ex) wife. ::):

Met Amanda Mackinnon from Bis and Beat 106 come in a while back, then made a swift exit when she saw the prices! I now work with her, so it doesn't really count.

And I once got a bit starstruck when I met Nigel Buckland - the Welsh guy who used to co-present Vids on Channel 4 a few years back. He came in looking for a guitar lead or something.... and I just wanted him to say something outrageous. Alas, he didn't. :(
dazed_and_confused
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby JayKay » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:31 pm

Saw Japanese guitar God Keiji Haino in Argyle Street last year.

OK, so he was playing the Arches that night, but he certainly cut an unusual figure running across the road at the Victor Morris end of Agyle Street.

Black clad tiny Japanese men with waist length grey/black hair and silver tipped canes are few on the ground there.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:27 pm

Bumped into tv's campest Glaswegian duo Justin & Colin in Buchanan Street tonight.

Previously i have met geordie actor Jimmy Nail (Spender/ Big Oz) in Bath Street the night Celtic beat Rangers 6-2 a couple of years back.

Also met and spoke to Rolf Harris (can you see what it is yet??) outside Hillhead Subway station about 6 years ago
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:03 am

Had a pint with Time Team fella Tony Robinson aka Baldric in Blackadder in the Horseshoe Bar just afterreturning from a Time Team Special somewhere in the Med.

I told him that he should get his arse up here and do a TT special here in Glasgow when he pointed out that his arse was already up here and they were just about finished filming. :oops: ::):

Turns out they were digging up a churchyard in Govan. It was a belter of a Time Team if you watched it.

Unusualy the sun shone throughout the whole dig and made Glasgow/ Govan look unrecognisable 8)
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby salty dog » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:40 am

A pint with Baldric ... now thats class , that one has to be a front runner
salty dog
First Stripe
First Stripe

Re:

Postby conn75 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:51 am

dazed_and_confused wrote:Met Amanda Mackinnon from Bis and Beat 106 come in a while back, then made a swift exit when she saw the prices! I now work with her, so it doesn't really count.

She's on the East Kilbride train into Glasgow when I'm coming home from work all the time.

I see a load of River Shitty folk in the Merchant City. I think someone who used to be in it lives in my block.
http://www.whiskywhiskywhisky.com
conn75
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Last Famous Person You Saw On The Streets Of Glasgow was...

Postby My Kitten » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:26 am

Kelly Marie from River Shitty (Carmen Pieraccini) is in Shawlands all the time, works in Bowerbird (used to be Nuala Ashe). Screetchy woman ex Deacon Blue and also River Shitty actress hangs about here too. Failing that Michelle McManus is always in Tusk.

For a more cultured famous person, william mcilvanney gets his baked goods out of the Newlands Bakery. I omitted to see if it was a pie or a sausage roll he was ordering!
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:30 am

I saw Flea from Red Hot Chilli Peppers walking down Woodlands Road a few years back.

I also saw Charlton Heston getting out of a car in Sauchiehall Street too.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Fossil » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:32 am

My Kitten wrote: Failing that Mick McManus is always in Tusk.

I used to watch him ever Saturday Afternoon at 4.
Mind his ears
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Mori » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Some peeps ive met and worked with whilst i was @ the BBC.

Brian cox
    Billy conely
    Ally macoist
    The krankies
    Jackie bird
    Sally magnuson
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Nanny Ogg » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:02 pm

Saw Neil Oliver off of Coast and Two Men in a Trench in Strathbungo not long back. Visiting or lives there?
Used to see loads of River City folks when I worked in Deli 1901 in Skurvy street (Shawlands), there's a few live round there.
Had a drink with some of the My Chemical Romance chaps in King Tuts a couple of years ago before they were thin.
And my mum met Lloyd Cole at a party.
Nanny Ogg
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Bonz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:26 pm

.....Justin Currie marchin' through George Square in a rush. Tommy Cunningham fae the Wets pushin a buggy with a wean in it in Queen Street (a few years ago mind). Henry McLeish in Wagamama in St.Vincent Street .....come back wee man everything is forgiven!!!

Oh, and loads of River City types, although I wouldnae count them as famous...
Bonz
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:48 pm

I've never seen anybody famous in Glasgow, but a friend who does deliveries around the city in an absurdly over-powered Merc van claims to have nearly killed the singer fi Idlewild and 'that prick of a singer fi Wet Wet Wet' (his words) in a single day a while back. He hoped to make it third time lucky with the singer fi the Kooks, but no luck so far.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Dougie » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:10 am

I've seen Dave Anderson loads of times, Eileen McCallum in the wee cafe outside the Evening Timse building getting a roll and bacon, Billy Connolly at the Bon Accord at Charing Cross, Morag from Take The High Road in Sauchiehall Street (dressed like a tramp as well), Tam Cowan a few years back outside The Horseshoe at Motherwell Cross and Eileen C Smith walking slowly along Cadogan Street at night. Possibly. And one day whilst fundraising for the Dog's Trust saw that Commie bastard Tommy Shareabed, walked right passed the rattling of the cans without looking as well. Hopefully he'll be in Barlinnie soon, though! :mrgreen:
Dougie
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:00 am

And one day whilst fundraising for the Dog's Trust saw that Commie bastard Tommy Shareabed, walked right passed the rattling of the cans without looking as well.

Well done you for propping up capitalism by begging for one of Britain's richest charities..... for dogs, eh. I hope you had a bib on, you drooling lickspittle.

the wife and I had it away in Alexandria Park, at the travelator in the Anderston Centre, behind a church in Shettleston, the toilets in Henri Afrikaas, the bushes in Buccleuch Street near Tenement Place and, like Tammy, the steps between Heron House and the Gr...

Did you not share tips?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)