watt brothers

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

watt brothers

Postby banjo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:35 pm

shocked to hear of this Glasgow and beyond favourite has gone in to administration.i always liked a wee browse in there and usually could find something to randomly purchase.go in for a brolly and come out with a suit sort of place.staff were great always as well.did rely on the grey pound though I guess and on line shopping did not fit into their demographic. :cry:
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: watt brothers

Postby Vinegar Tom » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:39 pm

Sign o the times unfortunately. The West end of Sauchiehall Street will not be helped by the demise of Watt Bros. Can't see a reason to visit past Waterstones / WH Smiths block unless you are searching out a bar.
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:10 pm

It IS sad to hear, but I must confess it's a shop I have never been into in all my 57 years! 8O
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:37 am

I think I was maybe in that shop once or twice in all the years I've been to Glasgow.

I do remember one day I was in Buchanan Street and got stopped by a Japanese or Chinese tourist. They asked me where the shop was and I couldn't remember but was sure it was pretty near.
I dialled the shop on my phone and handed it to tourist who then managed to get directions from the store. They were quite impressed and thanked me for my help.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:27 pm

Another victim of internet shopping I think. My wife used to go to it a lot. Always a bit of a mish mash of things for sale though, it was never really a shop that was known for a particular type of product
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Grahame » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:50 am

I've only ever been in it twice, they were quite good for cheapo luggage. But it was a complete maze inside, hard to find your way around.
Grahame
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)