CENTRAL STATION DOC SERIES BBC SCOTLAND

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

CENTRAL STATION DOC SERIES BBC SCOTLAND

Postby pman » Wed May 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi,

I’m Paola, I work at STV Productions, we are making a series about Central Station for BBC Scotland. The series will be a sort of day in the life of Central, but we’ll also look at the social history of the building and people who spent time there.
Would you mind passing on a message to your members, to see if anyone has any nice tales or memories of the building / hotel / working on the rails.

Here at STV Productions we’re making a documentary series about Glasgow Central Station for BBC Scotland.
We would love to hear from anyone who has any personal tales or memories about Central Station, the railway or Grand Central Hotel.
Maybe you worked in the station, or got married in the hotel? Perhaps you have vivid memories of queuing for the train to go on your summer holiday, or arrived in Scotland for the first time via train into Central.
If you, or someone you know, has stories (big or small!) attached to Central Station, you can email [email protected] or call on 0141 300 3933
Thank you!
pman
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: CENTRAL STATION DOC SERIES BBC SCOTLAND

Postby robertpool » Sat May 12, 2018 4:39 am

robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: CENTRAL STATION DOC SERIES BBC SCOTLAND

Postby Dot » Sun May 13, 2018 7:03 pm

I watched 'Great British Railway Journeys' on 8th May and Michael Portillo was traveling to Glasgow.
He was staying at the Grand Central Hotel and there was a piece about the station.

I expect it was on before and will be on again at some stage.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)