Rockvilla

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Rockvilla

Postby PeterRoss » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:10 am

Hello. I hope it's okay to post this here. I've tried to contact the site admin to check. Apologies, if it's not okay.

My name is Peter Ross. I'm a freelance journalist in Glasgow. I'm doing a bit of work for the National Theatre of Scotland. They've asked me to write something about the area up at Spiers Wharf where their new HQ is going to be (in the old cash & carry building). I'm interested in finding out a bit about the area which seems to have once been known as Rockvilla, although that name has fallen out of use. If anyone went to that primary school, or maybe the Rockvlla UP Church, or has interesting memories of that part of town, or still lives there, I'd be glad to hear from you. My email is [email protected]. If you want to read any of my work to decide whether or not I'm okay, there's a bunch of it on my website, including a story I wrote about tracking down Oscar Marzaroli's Castlemilk Lads. Thanks. http://peterross.scot/articles/whatever ... milk-lads/
PeterRoss
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Rockvilla

Postby Lucky Poet » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:12 pm

Absolutely ok. Hope you get some good responses.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Re: Rockvilla

Postby deconstruction » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:39 am

Have you seen this thread? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2272
deconstruction
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)