Jingles

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Jingles

Postby kirstymaclaren » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:44 am

Has anyone noticed that there have been a lot of radio jingles recently sung in Scottish accents? I can't help but sing along!

1) we'll be claimin' PPIs
2) sell your car Scotland

And my personal favourite:
3) universal windows!

There was one in the 90s I loved but I can't remember what the shop was. The jingle went:

In Glasgow's city centre, by the side of marks and spencer, down glassford street walk 50 paces, first left first right that's where our place is!
kirstymaclaren
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Jingles

Postby RapidAssistant » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:44 am

kirstymaclaren wrote:Has anyone noticed that there have been a lot of radio jingles recently sung in Scottish accents? I can't help but sing along!

1) we'll be claimin' PPIs
2) sell your car Scotland

And my personal favourite:
3) universal windows!

There was one in the 90s I loved but I can't remember what the shop was. The jingle went:

In Glasgow's city centre, by the side of marks and spencer, down glassford street walk 50 paces, first left first right that's where our place is!

:) I love that one as well. But if you walked along Glassford Street up the side of M&S the next street is Wilson Street which is a lot more than 50 paces - and if so, those directions would have you going for a pint in Delmonicas or the Polo Lounge ::):

You can't walk "down" Glassford Street as it becomes Stockwell Street to the south so maybe that's what they meant....
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Jingles

Postby kirstymaclaren » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:06 am

I would have known if it was for polo/dels! It could have been up glassford street and/or first right first left. I seem to think it was for carpets or something.
kirstymaclaren
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)