free parking

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: free parking

Postby stevienoo01 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:58 pm

cheers folks thats been very helpfull gives me options :D ......just been told a 5am start!!!
stevienoo01
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:18 pm

stevienoo01 wrote:cheers folks thats been very helpfull gives me options :D ......just been told a 5am start!!!

Hi Stevie

Don't know if you have ever done extra work before, but bring a book, you'll need it, theres a lot of sitting around.

dicky
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevienoo01 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:32 pm

no i havent i'l look out war and peace that should keep me busy :D
stevienoo01
First Stripe
First Stripe

Glasgow Parking (City Centre)

Postby bazM » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:07 pm

I work in Glasgow City Centre (St. Vincent Street). Every day I have to park at least a 20 minute walk away.

I do very long shifts so parking in town is a no go.

Every day going to work, I have to walk up Scott Street. I don't know if anyone knows this street but it is the MASSIVE hills behind Sauchiehall Street, coming from sort of Stow College way.

It is a bloody nightmare, everytime I go into work I am SWEATING and end up being stinky all day. Getting out of bed at the last minute possible doesnt really help either to be honest.

Wheres the closest you can park for free if your heading to say sauchiehall street guys?
www.talkglasgow.com - Lets talk glaswegian!
bazM
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Glasgow Parking (City Centre)

Postby RDR » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:12 am

bazM wrote:I work in Glasgow City Centre (St. Vincent Street). Every day I have to park at least a 20 minute walk away.

Every day going to work, I have to walk up Scott Street. I don't know if anyone knows this street but it is the MASSIVE hills behind Sauchiehall Street, coming from sort of Stow College way.

It is a bloody nightmare, everytime I go into work I am SWEATING and end up being stinky all day. Getting out of bed at the last minute possible doesnt really help either to be honest.

Wheres the closest you can park for free if your heading to say sauchiehall street guys?

Yes, I know Scott St and the Stow College area well.
I'm also in and out of the city centre most days and I can't think of anywhere you can park within at least a ten mile ( if not more) radius where you can park free.
As I've said before you can park in some of the side streets off Garscube Road, but that's even further out than you are now, or there are some bits of waste ground in the Florence Street area of the Gorbals but again that is further out.
You can of course, park at the underground and your combined ticket includes parking.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bazM » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:45 pm

RDR wrote:
bazM wrote:I work in Glasgow City Centre (St. Vincent Street). Every day I have to park at least a 20 minute walk away.

I'm also in and out of the city centre most days and I can't think of anywhere you can park within at least a ten mile ( if not more) radius where you can park free.
As I've said before you can park in some of the side streets off Garscube Road, but that's even further out than you are now, or there are some bits of waste ground in the Florence Street area of the Gorbals but again that is further out.
You can of course, park at the underground and your combined ticket includes parking.

hey thanks. I do actually park just down from garscude road. I park just at the junction with st. georges road.

There is an offer going on at my work to park in the town car park areas for 5 pound a day. That would be an extra 35 pound a week. Suppose it'l keep me fit if i keep walking up this mountain.
www.talkglasgow.com - Lets talk glaswegian!
bazM
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:25 pm

bazM wrote: .......................

There is an offer going on at my work to park in the town car park areas for 5 pound a day. That would be an extra 35 pound a week. Suppose it'l keep me fit if i keep walking up this mountain.

The site at Elmbank St/ St Vincent St is £5 per day.

Keppie have an application in to develop the Santander car park for offices etc with only about 80 parking spaces. That can only add to pressure nearby.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:35 pm

The whole GCC tactic is of course to discourage you from taking your car to town.
That might be okay if you were only going into to town and staying all day, but if you are like me, and visiting various sites for short periods of time, then its unavoidable that I incurr car parking charges, which of course my employer has to pay. I hasten to add that's for legal ones any illegal ones I would have to pay myself!
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevienoo01 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:33 pm

well i ended up parking at the swimming pool at the gorbals and limping over the bridge at the high court i say limping as i am totaly knackered running up and down george st etc being chased by zombies ::): . had a great time and met loads of great people managed too see parts of the city that i had never noticed before i even got a named part hot dog seller ::): managed to loose a few pounds in fat in the processe anyway thanks again for the info
stevienoo01
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby peter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:00 pm

RDR wrote:

Always hated takin a delivery truck up Scott st. You would have the load in the back break loose every time, no matter how well strapped down.
"I've seen them come and I've seen them go. And I've seen them Die"
peter
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AliD » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:54 pm

Liking for free parking near St Vincent’s street plaza, happy to walk a bit. Can anyone help?
AliD
Just settling in
Just settling in

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)