God give me a bungalow !

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

God give me a bungalow !

Postby SusanR » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Am will to hear all sides. Live in a Grade B listed building in conseravion area. There are eight people in my building, two flats, the first floor and basement are ripping out and replacing their ensuites - Not interested / do not care as this is inside their property. First floor neighbour is moving the drainage down pipe( At rear) about 2ft acroos wall and has applied for planning - looks fine no problems. The basement flat have extended a water outlet from their en suite through an external wall, connetect white conduite? (white plastic) up the wall and connected a tap to it so that they may water the garden (at side of property).
This tap is on the main path access to our communal car park and is also used as a "rat run" by local children and children from the local school ,we have the usual tom foolary which goes along with children. So my concerns are - should they have put this tap their without telling us ? Also where do we stand if the children turn the tap on ,it freezes and somebody neighbour/postman hurts themselves? What happens if they go on holiday and there is a problem and the water cannot be turned off as there is no valve on the outside?
I have spoken with planning ( I do not think planning officer ) who said they would be interested in this. Neighbour said that they would not, and it has nothing to do with me.
Am totally and utterly open to be called a busy body! Opinions please
life is to short to board
SusanR
First Stripe
First Stripe

Re: God give me a bungalow !

Postby BrigitDoon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Pied piper, Wardrobe monsters, Freddie Kruger, Gary Glitter...
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby zoidberg » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:26 pm

........North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe
"He can't stay down with three barrels on him, not with three barrels he can't."
zoidberg
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Try here.Your neighbours probably read it.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:40 am

zoidberg wrote:........North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe

i got the billy Jeol gag!!!
hehehe!
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby munroman » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:42 am

SusanR wrote:Am will to hear all sides. Live in a Grade B listed building in conseravion area. There are eight people in my building, two flats, the first floor and basement are ripping out and replacing their ensuites - Not interested / do not care as this is inside their property. First floor neighbour is moving the drainage down pipe( At rear) about 2ft acroos wall and has applied for planning - looks fine no problems. The basement flat have extended a water outlet from their en suite through an external wall, connetect white conduite? (white plastic) up the wall and connected a tap to it so that they may water the garden (at side of property).
This tap is on the main path access to our communal car park and is also used as a "rat run" by local children and children from the local school ,we have the usual tom foolary which goes along with children. So my concerns are - should they have put this tap their without telling us ? Also where do we stand if the children turn the tap on ,it freezes and somebody neighbour/postman hurts themselves? What happens if they go on holiday and there is a problem and the water cannot be turned off as there is no valve on the outside?
I have spoken with planning ( I do not think planning officer ) who said they would be interested in this. Neighbour said that they would not, and it has nothing to do with me.
Am totally and utterly open to be called a busy body! Opinions please

Trying to be sensible about this at last.

It might be worth you speaking to Building Control about the pipe, if it has gone through the wall, I think there was a case in the West End where the vent hole for a heater or tumble drier led to a wall collapse. I am sure it will be ok, but better checked out.

From a practical point of view, is the tap in a position where it can be easily reached/bumped into?
Common sense indicates that they could remove the handle of the tap to stop unauthorised use.

They should have an isolation valve on it so that it can be cut off in winter, otherwise they put themselves at risk of flooding, they will be at the coldest part of the building, so most at risk. Of course if this were done, there is no risk of icing.

Unfortunately, it sounds as if relationships are already strained between both parties, so how to get this understood will be the largest challenge!
munroman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)