Bloody pigeons.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Bloody pigeons.

Postby peter » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:42 pm

How the F*** do you get rid of pigeons (legally)???
I'm surrounded by F***** doo keepers all chookin and pucking away. They are dirty and noisy (the doos). Our gutters get clogged as they roost there and shit seeds so plants/ weeds grow. I'm sure the F****** would be in our windows if thet opened any wider.
"I've seen them come and I've seen them go. And I've seen them Die"
peter
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Bloody pigeons.

Postby Josef » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:52 pm

http://www.hawkmanservices.co.uk/

Works for my office. Lasts several months. You might not be entirely popular with the neighbours, mind.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:54 pm

peter wrote:I'm sure the F****** would be in our windows if thet opened any wider.

Count on it. I used to know a pub landlord and his neighbour who had this problem. They kept shooting them but they always came back. I'll go with Josef's advice. I've not heard of anything else that works.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Sprinkle Chilli powder over their food.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:56 pm

UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bing Buzby » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 am

If it is just your building you want to keep them off:

Flock Off
Bing Buzby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:31 pm

I wonder if flocks of pigeons are sitting on a roof somewhere saying, "how the fuck do we get rid of these sodding humans?"
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:52 am

Not unless they've worked out how to make chips.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:53 am

From a few years ago, when Pluto was downgraded from planet status...

UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:13 am

It was seagulls when I lived in Cornwall you couldn't leave your car outside for poo you couldn't eat outside for theft and despite the romantic image of them being dead fisherman 8O that didn't stop people shooting at them in fact it was getting so bad in Newquay and St Ives that they had meetings at the council ::):

Ps didn't care about Newquay :roll:
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lyangh » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:09 am

I realize this is an old thread, but I keep running across these old discussions and finding I have suggestions or better info to offer

I have raised and kept pigeons for over thirty years. They are not "flying rats". I do not like feral pigeons roosting on my house. I remove them with a Ruger .22 loaded with "subsonic" cartriges. This is a slow cartrige that does not make a lot of noise. It is ILLEGAL to discharge a firearm in the city and a .22 will travel 1 mi.,not to mention going right through your roof. Use your head if you do this in town. BB guns are not effective,the wounded bird usually helicopters into the neighbors yard just as they come out the front door on there way to church. An alternative is a good pump type pellet gun,one with enough power to kill the bird immediately. Forget all the owls,snakes,snake oil,etc.it won't work. I am a bird lover,have been all my life,but feral pigeons can be a nuisance. The best thing is to kill them,plain and simple,they are not an endangered species. Just make it quick and clean,you don't want them doing cartwheels on the sidewalk when the police pull up.
ns.html
Lyangh
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Beth » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:08 am

Lyangh wrote:I realize this is an old thread, but I keep running across these old discussions and finding I have suggestions or better info to offer

I have raised and kept pigeons for over thirty years. They are not "flying rats". I do not like feral pigeons roosting on my house. I remove them with a Ruger .22 loaded with "subsonic" cartriges. This is a slow cartrige that does not make a lot of noise. It is ILLEGAL to discharge a firearm in the city and a .22 will travel 1 mi.,not to mention going right through your roof. Use your head if you do this in town. BB guns are not effective,the wounded bird usually helicopters into the neighbors yard just as they come out the front door on there way to church. An alternative is a good pump type pellet gun,one with enough power to kill the bird immediately. Forget all the owls,snakes,snake oil,etc.it won't work. I am a bird lover,have been all my life,but feral pigeons can be a nuisance. The best thing is to kill them,plain and simple,they are not an endangered species. Just make it quick and clean,you don't want them doing cartwheels on the sidewalk when the police pull up.

Sound reasonable, but still illegal
“I don’t believe in astrology; I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.”
– Arthur C. Clarke
Beth
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby coldElla » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:03 pm

Pigeons constitute the animal family Columbidae and the order Columbiformes, which includes about 42 genera and 310 species. They are stout-bodied birds with short necks, and short slender bills that in some species feature fleshy ceres. They primarily feed on seeds, fruits, and plants.
coldElla
Just settling in
Just settling in

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)