One for the railway heads

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: One for the railway heads

Postby MungoDundas » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Dalmarnock - one would imagine that they'll want the glass & steel ready by 2014.

What was the name of the mob that went over budget and beyond programme at Partick Railway Station?
MungoDundas
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:25 pm

MungoDundas wrote:Dalmarnock - one would imagine that they'll want the glass & steel ready by 2014.

What was the name of the mob that went over budget and beyond programme at Partick Railway Station?

It was C Spencer who were the contractors at Partick - work started in 2005 with completion in 2007 Original Budget was£12.3 million + £2.6million in professional fees and third party costs. Work was delayed due to a land ownership issue and also ground conditions - Spencer claimed another £6.3million in additional costs - Project completed in 2009.
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:00 pm

MungoDundas wrote:Dalmarnock - one would imagine that they'll want the glass & steel ready by 2014.

Biggest difficulty there will be the drains and that minging smell, as well as its prone to flooding....i think our visiting peoples from other countries will be well impressed with the running river of sludge and shite that would greet them...or as once printed in the metro...the smell of toffee...dunno what that person had drunk but it defo aint toffee that the smell is
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:11 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15387714

Russia - America

Belfast - Glasgow ::):
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Monument » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:07 pm

Bridie wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15387714

Russia - America

They have been talking about the former for at least 20 years so i wouldn't hold your breath. But if they do build it, London to New York by train :D
A vagabond on the way.
Monument
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Monument wrote:
Bridie wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15387714

Russia - America

London to New York by train :D

I would love that :D how long would it take?
they would have to put some virtual scenery panels on the windows too ;)

Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Deepol » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:42 am

That's just what it was but it's amazing how it predated the now universal British Rail symbol.
Deepol
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby tobester » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Xmas/New Year ServicesHere is a list of how services are over xmas/new year for all who need to use them (obviously subject to the snow buggering us up again)

Friday 23 December 2011 - A normal weekday service will run.

Saturday 24 December - Christmas Eve - A normal Saturday service will run until early evening, then services will start to be withdrawn to finish earlier in the day than usual.

Sunday 25 December - Christmas Day - No ScotRail Trains services will run

Monday 26 December - Boxing Day
The following train services will run between approximately 09:30 and 23:30:

- A special half-hourly service between Croy and Cumbernauld, calling at Lenzie, Bishopbriggs, Springburn, Stepps, Gartcosh and Greenfaulds.

- Half-hourly service between Milngavie and Springburn via Glasgow Queen Street.

- A normal weekday level of service will run between Helensburgh Central and Bathgate via Glasgow Queen Street.

- A normal weekday level of service will run between Balloch / Milngavie / Lanark / Larkhall / Motherwell via Glasgow Queen Street / Glasgow Central.

- A Sunday level of service will run between Glasgow Central and Kilmarnock.

- An hourly service will run between Glasgow Central and Whifflet (until approximately 17:30).

- A Sunday level of service will run between Glasgow Central and East Kilbride.

- A Sunday level of service will run between Glasgow Central and Neilston / Newton / Cathcart.

- An hourly service will run between Glasgow Central and Shotts (until approximately 18:00).

Because of engineering works, buses will run between Glasgow Central and Wemyss Bay / Gourock / Ardrossan / Largs / Ayr / Girvan.

Tuesday 27 December A normal weekday service will run, subject to engineering work.

Wednesday 28 December A normal weekday service will run, subject to engineering work.

Thursday 29 December A normal weekday service will run, subject to engineering work.

Friday 30 December A normal weekday service will run, subject to engineering work.

Saturday 31 December New Years Eve - A normal Saturday service will run until early evening, then services will start to be withdrawn to finish earlier in the day than usual.

Sunday 1 January 201 - New Years Day - No ScotRail Trains services will run.

Other operators services will also not be running between Edinburgh and Dundee / Aberdeen / Inverness / Glasgow Central.

Monday 2 January Trains will start later in the day than usual (from approximately 10:00), then a Sunday level of service will run, with the following exceptions:

- A normal weekday service will run on routes to / from Helensburgh Central / Balloch / Milngavie / Lanark / Larkhall / Motherwell via Glasgow Queen Street).

- An hourly train service will run between Glasgow Central and Whifflet (until approximately 17:30).

- An hourly train service will also run between Glasgow Central and Paisley Canal (until approximately 17:00).

- No trains will run between Motherwell and Cumbernauld.

- Trains between Glasgow Central and Barrhead (which start from / terminate at Barrhead) will also not run (customers for stations to/from Barrhead should use alternative trains to/from Kilmarnock).

- Trains between Glasgow Central and Edinburgh via Shotts will be amended, with a Sunday level of service between Edinburgh and West Calder, and an hourly train service between Glasgow Central and Shotts. There is no service between West Calder and Shotts. Customers travelling between Edinburgh and Glasgow should use alternative routes.

Tuesday 3 January A normal weekday service will run.

The Dec 26 service Croy - Cumbernauld is a weird one, so anyone on the line has to change at Springburn for services to Queen St Low Level
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:24 pm

I see they are thinking of taking the sleepers away again.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinegar Tom » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:35 pm

RDR wrote:I see they are thinking of taking the sleepers away again.

That would be a very bad step ( I can thoroughly recommend travelling this way unless you are a light sleeper ) , but not as bad as the other proposal to ban drinking on trains :evil: Enforce the rules firmly and there would be no need to spoil the fun for honest topers .
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:48 pm

tobester wrote:Xmas/New Year ServicesHere is a list of how services are over xmas/new year for all who need to use them (obviously subject to the snow buggering us up again)

Cheers Tobester, I must say for a First Scotrail "lackey" :roll: :roll: , your a time upstanding chap
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Saw that in the news earlier, all the changes are being touted by transport scotland, all that is needed is for people pressure to make this labour quango change its mind.

I work the west highland sleeper and apart from the winter lull i find it pretty busy in the summer times, so its a mistake.

Taking 1st class away during busy periods can already be done by guards on those services, i do and i will continus to do so.

Banning drink on trains is a typical 'office' based unworkable idea, the ones who have to enforce it will get the abuse/assaulted whilst the office workers are all tucked up in bed.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:02 pm

yoker brian wrote:
tobester wrote:Xmas/New Year ServicesHere is a list of how services are over xmas/new year for all who need to use them (obviously subject to the snow buggering us up again)

Cheers Tobester, I must say for a First Scotrail "lackey" :roll: :roll: , your a time upstanding chap

No probs YB, you're one of the few remaining good guys on here
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:18 pm

tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby SilverFox » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:19 pm

99.9% of people who bring drink on train do not cause any problem when working a Friday and sat night I can have a laugh with people on my train who are drinking . I won't be enforcing the ban if it comes in because it just leaves us open to abuse and there would be no back up whatsoever from the powers that be
SilverFox
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)