Chicago meatpackers Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Chicago meatpackers Glasgow

Postby Jammydodgerr » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:28 pm

Looking for anyone former colleague's who worked in the Glasgow restaurant waitress waiter's kitchen staff
Jammydodgerr
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Chicago meatpackers Glasgow

Postby smokywoods » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:04 pm

I was hoping to be on the team or the opening team as I was working for MKT at the time in London & really, really wanted to get involved but my over riding memory is going in and ordering a round that was much more expensive than it would’ve been in my store (Henry J Bean’s, King’s Road) due to 1/4 gills being the standard serve
Also I don’t think Glasgow was ready for food served in red plastic baskets with grease proof paper. A couple of years later I was working at Parklands when Stirling born Dougie Smillie was sent north to oversee the change from meatpackers to Havana?
smokywoods
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Henrysix » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:34 pm

Good stuff SmokyW, what do you do now snd where are you living!
Henrysix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:44 pm

Must have missed this first time round!

Am I right in thinking Meatpackers was at Central Station, near the Hope Street entrance? Up a small flight of stairs? And with the wee 'steam' trains running round tracks on the wall?

I hope so, because my girlfriend (later wife) and I used to love going there for a night out! Didn't happen very often, being student nurses, but thoroughly enjoyed! We were gutted when they closed.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Henrysix » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:37 am

What! How do I not know about this wee steam train, is there any footage on YouTube
Henrysix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)