What Camera have you got?

Talk about equipment such as cameras, accessories & storage, lighting and lenses

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: What Camera have you got?

Postby viceroy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:41 pm

droschke7 wrote:I Have A Nikon D3000 with an 18-85 VR Lense and a Tamron 70-300 Lense, I also have a Finepix8100sd. Unfortunately a friend only told me about this site a couple of weeks ago and I still don't know how to post Photo's on here. Can any one help please?

See here on how to post pictures.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby johnboy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:37 pm

droschke7 wrote:I Have A Nikon D3000 with an 18-85 VR Lense and a Tamron 70-300 Lense, I also have a Finepix8100sd. Unfortunately a friend only told me about this site a couple of weeks ago and I still don't know how to post Photo's on here. Can any one help please?

The way i do it is.....

Resize your pics to around 600x400.

I use tinypic to upload the pic.

Cope the link in IMG for forums and message boards and paste it here.

Seemples.
johnboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby valentine75 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:44 pm

I have a Nikon p80 Image
which is my main camera

I also have a Nikon F401 Image

and 2 of these Nikon F Photomics from 1963 Image

I never use the old Nikons anymore but could never sell them
valentine75
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby sqky » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Ive just got a wee bridge camera s1000fd got it for £50 off gumtree ad greatly impressed with the images i can get
sqky
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby MacotheIsles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:25 am

Just acquired a Fuji HS10. This really is a marvellous beast of a device. Zooms up to 30x and has a very impressive wide angle too, but more importantly the picture quality is crunchingly good too; belying the small sized sensor. I had a brief dalliance with micro 4/3 and I have to say that the Fuji - despite being smaller in the sensor department - seems to be giving results that are every bit as juicy. Quite a few nice features too (motion removal and hand-held panoramic sweep). Got mine for £240 as the HS20 is due out in April or thereabouts.

Seems to me that the trend in digital cameras is panning out in a kind of sideyways dimension - at right angles to the obvious picture quality dimension. This comes down to more groovy-ish/incidental-ish/bye-the-bye features like (as mentioned) panoramic sweep; motion removal; multi exposure trickery and such. What I'm hoping for though in DigitalGenX is a kind of 'vampire' setting whereby the camera sucks the very creative juices from the brains of nearby superior photographers and saturates its inbuilt processor with every ounce of experience and every subtle nuance and artistic participle of the - by now husk-like and zombiefied - country's top lensmen. I expect this'll be in the HS30 and I'd be quite happy to pay an extra £20 for such a feature.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Just bought a Nikon D5100 with Nikor 18-55 AFS lens and a Nikor 55-300 AFS lens.

Bit of a photographic step-up for me but the lenses alone give me so much more capability than my old 'fire and forget' camera.
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby codenamecueball » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:04 am

Canon EOS 1000D, 18-55mm, 50mm f/1.8
Pentax ME Super with a 50mm f/1.7

Love them both, the Canon is excellent for pretty much everything I do.
codenamecueball
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby robertpool » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:04 pm

robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MacotheIsles » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Thinking about getting either the Fuji x100 or the x10. Want to have a camera that looks and feels like a camera again. I also like the idea of magnesium alloy casings instead of polycarbonate and kevlar or whatever they use nowadays. Reminds me of the 1/4" steel hull of the old Zenit a bit: nice and solid (assuming that magnesium alloy isn't the same stuff one used to purloin from the school science labs and light with a match behind the bike sheds).

Image quality looks great for both these cameras, but the dinky size of the X10 may shade it for me.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 pm

The X100 does very much appeal, though I hear it is a bit quirky. I saw one in the flesh (or rather, in the metal) for the first time at the weekend there, much to the nervousness of its owner, who seemed to think I had designs on nicking it; bonny wee gadget, so it is.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby MacotheIsles » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Lucky Poet wrote:The X100 does very much appeal, though I hear it is a bit quirky. I saw one in the flesh (or rather, in the metal) for the first time at the weekend there, much to the nervousness of its owner, who seemed to think I had designs on nicking it; bonny wee gadget, so it is.

LP!

At the moment it's looking very much like the x100, or possibly the NEX 7. The main appeals of the x100 are the superb image quality, the 1970s look and feel and the build quality. The NEX 7 appeals because of the image quality and the interchangeable lenses. The lurker on the sidelines though is the new Olympus OMD. For once I'm in the happy position of being able to buy, more or less, whatever camera I choose.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MacotheIsles » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:02 am

Would heartily recommend the Fuji x10. Excellent pic quality in a dynamite dinky package. Bumped into those NASA guys in Motherwell Swing Park down Buckfast Lane late last night and they were trying to get me to swap for the Hubble telescope. I refused on the basis that with an x10 in orbit they might unlock mysteries too great and terrible for puny human minds and wreak destruction upon us via Flickr.

Great camera!
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Sounds groovy, apart from the potential destruction thing. I look forward to more photos from it - the lane walk ones were excellent.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby MacotheIsles » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:57 pm

LP - as ever you are very kind: thank you. It really is a great little camera with a sensor the size of a double decker bus and a heart to match.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Lucky Poet wrote:Looks like a lovely auld Canon that, Peetapix. If I could only pluck up the courage to shoot film 8O

I did a silly thing the other day and bought a Pentax K20D. It's not that silly actually, in the sense that it is a lovely camera, a definite step up from my last one, and ought to do me for quite a few years (touch wood). Then again, my overdraft is that much bigger now, and the global economy has just collapsed like a bad blancmange.
Ach well, I can always take ever-so-lovely photos of the soup kitchens :?

Well, coming up for 5 years and it's doing strong. I love that camera!

I did a similarly silly thing, as a window of opportunity opened and I got an X100S. Sod it. Still ready for the soup kitchens. Failing that, low-light portraits of Lidl noodles for tea for the foreseeable.
Lucky Poet
-
-

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment