Glass negs

Talk about equipment such as cameras, accessories & storage, lighting and lenses

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Glass negs

Postby hazy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:47 am

I have some 6x4 glass negatives. Does anybody know where I could get prints made of them.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:06 pm

Give loxleycolour.com ring on 0141 333 9444 and see if they handle glass negs I know many places won't touch them as they're very delicate.

There the best is the business in my book. 8)
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:07 pm

I remember I had to get a spool processed and it needed either pushed or pulled 2 stops and the only place I could find that would do it (thanks quiggs) was Loxely colour... and after looking it up in the phone book, I found out that I lived right next to it!
It's in Oakbank industrial state and I lived just off Garscube road
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:28 pm

Cheap alternative would simply be to scan them, making sure the processed side was against a white background to avoid a shadow being cast.

Alternatively, if photo-savvy, use a digital camera to photograph the slide, again with suitable lighting and similar care with the background. auto should work if that's all that's available, but obviously manual exposure and focus control would all help towards a better final result. But, with no film cost, you can keep trying and trying until it comes good.

Converting negative to positive is just a keyclick in any image processing package, and then you've still got the rest of the editting toys to apply.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Glass negs

Postby hazy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:17 pm

Cheers everybody. Appollo I will try ouy your idea if not then I will take them to loxley and se what they say.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Equipment