Fuji X-Pro 1 or XT-1 or sumit else?

Talk about equipment such as cameras, accessories & storage, lighting and lenses

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Fuji X-Pro 1 or XT-1 or sumit else?

Postby old jock » Mon May 12, 2014 9:58 am

So I'm going to renew my camera.

Wanting something more compact than DSLR but with most of the features and these 2 really appeal to me. Anybody got any opinions?

I like the old style controls and I'm leaning towards the XT-1 although the X-Pro is still in the running.

This will be a while away as Fuji aren't bringing out the weather proof lenses just yet but the idea of having the 16-55 (24-84 135) & the 50-140 (75-210 135) both at F 2.8 seem pretty much ideal for general usage. Choosing them more for the F stop than the weather proofing.

The appeal of having a smaller camera but one nearly as capable as a DSLR and only having one lens to carry but still having a good focal length range looks great.

Opinions, alternatives & criticisms welcome

John
old jock
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Fuji X-Pro 1 or XT-1 or sumit else?

Postby Lucky Poet » Sun May 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Sorry I only spotted this just now. Coincidentally, I was just reading this today - some fella's thoughts on both (and the X-E2 as well, for good measure). It seems a balanced and thoughtful article, and might be useful:
http://www.fujivsfuji.com/xt1-vs-xe2-vs-xpro1

(I'm enjoying use of an X100s at the moment - and aye, the old type controls are ever so nice to use. A lot of fun, and it's nice to have a good camera that doesn't break yer back.)
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Old-Bugga » Sun May 25, 2014 8:45 am

I have a couple of brand new Fuji XM1's with 18-55 lenses up for grabs. Great camera. I especially like being able to wirelessly transfer my pics to my iPad/phone for quick editing. Gets great reviews. PM me.
Old-Bugga
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby old jock » Tue May 27, 2014 9:02 am

Thanks guys

LP great review cannot wait until the new lenses come out

Appreciated

John
old jock
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby old jock » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:40 pm

So Fuji finally produced the lenses & I got the XT-1, 16-55 (135 equivalent 24-84mm) F2.8 & 50-140 (135 equivalent 75-210mm) F2.8

The 56mm F1.2, is on the wish list.

Good grief it's a complex and the 50-140mm feels like a monster lens. No doubt I'll get familiar with it given time

Still waiting for some other odds and ends.

Looking forward to getting out with it and taking some pictures.

I'll post up thoughts once I get some time and images under my belt.
old jock
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Finally! Glad to hear it finally fell into place. I've heard nothing but good things about that body as well. Looking forward to some pictures. No pressure :)
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby old jock » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:01 am

Eeeek it may yet take a while as I still haven't attained my Phd in applied Japanese sub menus and Fuji philosophy (read - packing what seems like a Gadzillion function into a teensie weeny camera body).

Got a book in pdf (had to buy it) on the camera, so I'll start there. The destruction man well covers it all but its not exactly clear as crystal and I spent a good part of my working life having to read and understand tech manuals for equipment.

Should be really really fun, looking forward to it
old jock
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Equipment