Canon 20D dslr camera Beginers

Talk about equipment such as cameras, accessories & storage, lighting and lenses

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Canon 20D dslr camera Beginers

Postby davadvice » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:33 am

Hi,

Looking for some advise on the above camera. I'm Buying it for my daughter and just wondering if it's worth £200 assuming it works ok?

my daughter is just starting out and i don't want to drop much more in the event that this may be a fad. if it is i can then use the 20D as i'm intrested in photograpghy.

Camera comes with 28-80mm lens and new canon battery grip, two batteries and 1GB memory card.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
David
davadvice
First Stripe
First Stripe

Re: Canon 20D dslr camera Beginers

Postby Boxer6 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:07 am

davadvice wrote:Hi,

Looking for some advise on the above camera. I'm Buying it for my daughter and just wondering if it's worth £200 assuming it works ok?

my daughter is just starting out and i don't want to drop much more in the event that this may be a fad. if it is i can then use the 20D as i'm intrested in photograpghy.

Camera comes with 28-80mm lens and new canon battery grip, two batteries and 1GB memory card.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
David

I'd say that a pretty fair price, IF, as you say, it works. The battery grip alone, if genuine Canon, is worth at least £100. Worth a punt, I'd say.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby davadvice » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm

cheers for the reply.

I got it and all seems good.

maybe i will get to post in the share some time soon after is steal it from my daughter!

thanks again
David
davadvice
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:10 pm

davadvice wrote:cheers for the reply.

I got it and all seems good.

maybe i will get to post in the share some time soon after is steal it from my daughter!

thanks again
David

That was quick! Good for you, sounds like you've got a bit of a bargain there! :D
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BillM » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 am

Just out of interest, where did you buy it? I traded one in recently at Merchant City Cameras and am wondering if that is it.
BillM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby davadvice » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:55 am

BillM wrote:Just out of interest, where did you buy it? I traded one in recently at Merchant City Cameras and am wondering if that is it.

I got it of gumtree. the guy had left the recipt of the original purchase over 1k back in 2003-2004 i think.
davadvice
First Stripe
First Stripe

Return to Equipment