Norfolk Court Demolition

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Norfolk Court Demolition

Postby SomeRandomBint » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:01 pm

HelenD wrote:
Laurieston Lad wrote:Now the next ones in the Gorbals are to be Sandiefield, I wonder if Safedem shall secure that job?

I see Coleman are in possession of these two blocks.

Yep. Walk past them on my way to work and noticed that the portakabins are on site and the hoardings have gone up around both blocks.

Looking forward to these coming down - should get a wee cheeky day off work whilst they drop them...
"-What was all that then? - What? - THAT. - That was Glasgow"
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Will be interesting to see them come down, is there a substation in a brick building between these 2 towers
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby norman mcnamee » Wed May 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi maximusmop, cant say I have noticed a sub station between the blocks, google might show it
There are binrooms outwith the buildings, could that be what you have seen
Norfolk Court has no sub stations, all the power equipment is contained within the building
Bye for now, Norrie
norman mcnamee
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby SomeRandomBint » Mon May 13, 2013 2:02 pm

norman mcnamee wrote:Hi maximusmop, cant say I have noticed a sub station between the blocks, google might show it
There are binrooms outwith the buildings, could that be what you have seen
Norfolk Court has no sub stations, all the power equipment is contained within the building

I think he was talking about Sandiefield Road flats (although one block actually sits on Crown Street) which are in the process of being stripped. There is a building in between the two, but I have no idea what it's for - no doubt someone will know something thought!

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=55.848527,-4.252363&spn=0.000888,0.001725&t=h&z=19
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Tue May 14, 2013 12:30 pm

SomeRandomBint wrote:
HelenD wrote:
Laurieston Lad wrote:Now the next ones in the Gorbals are to be Sandiefield, I wonder if Safedem shall secure that job?

I see Coleman are in possession of these two blocks.

Yep. Walk past them on my way to work and noticed that the portakabins are on site and the hoardings have gone up around both blocks.

Looking forward to these coming down - should get a wee cheeky day off work whilst they drop them...

What about the ones in Panmure Road, Possil - are they not the same design as the Hutchie E towers on Sandefield Road - if so you'd think they'd have the same structural problems.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HelenD » Tue May 14, 2013 8:37 pm

They might share the same design problems, but then they may have been built at different times by different builders. They are in different locations and the ground on which they stand won't necessarily be the same, nor the environmental conditions to which they have been subjected.
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Wed May 15, 2013 7:24 am

HelenD wrote:They might share the same design problems, but then they may have been built at different times by different builders. They are in different locations and the ground on which they stand won't necessarily be the same, nor the environmental conditions to which they have been subjected.

A bit of research on the UK Housing wiki shows the four Westercommon Road blocks in Possil were designed by the same architects (Gilbert-Ash), the same construction method (Tracoba) as Hutchie E, as was the "Still Game" tower block in Collina Street in Maryhill, and it is apparently to come down as well by 2016.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby kirstymaclaren » Sat May 18, 2013 7:25 am

Is there anyone in the sandiefield rd flats? I saw lights on and flags hanging out a window a few weeks ago.
kirstymaclaren
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby johnboy » Sat May 18, 2013 11:35 am

kirstymaclaren wrote:Is there anyone in the sandiefield rd flats? I saw lights on and flags hanging out a window a few weeks ago.

NO.....They have been empty for several months now.
johnboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby kirstymaclaren » Sun May 19, 2013 8:58 am

That's what I thought, but was confused by the flags!
kirstymaclaren
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby johnboy » Sun May 19, 2013 7:36 pm

I also saw a pic recently of flags hanging out the slab block at Red rd which is to be demolished.

Some kind of art project. ?
johnboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HelenD » Fri May 24, 2013 6:33 pm

johnboy wrote:
kirstymaclaren wrote:Is there anyone in the sandiefield rd flats? I saw lights on and flags hanging out a window a few weeks ago.

NO.....They have been empty for several months now.

On the bus travelling along Eglinton Street earlier, I noticed a lot of windows missing from the upper floors.
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby SomeRandomBint » Sun May 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Aye, the other half noticed that they've started taking the windows out from the top down on his way to get me from work last week.

Don't know if it's related, but on the same walk home there was a yellow tape tied up with the words "Fire Service - Inner Cordon" written on it just outside the corner shop at the corner of Gorbals Road and Cumberland Street. Was just thinking to myself that the long weekend would be an ideal time to bring them down, with Blackfriars Primary school being so close by...
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby SomeRandomBint » Sun May 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Ha! They've got a facebook site for the information. No date confirmed, but the FAQ letter says the blowdown will take place "during daylight hours, on a Sunday during July/August"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Demolition-of-170-200-Sandiefield-Road-Gorbals-Glasgow/161085990719030
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby johnboy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:34 am

SomeRandomBint wrote:Ha! They've got a facebook site for the information. No date confirmed, but the FAQ letter says the blowdown will take place "during daylight hours, on a Sunday during July/August"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Demolition-of-170-200-Sandiefield-Road-Gorbals-Glasgow/161085990719030

Feckers.....They are using two of my pics on there.. 8O
johnboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Development