Closing CITY CENTRE PUBLIC TOILETS!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Closing CITY CENTRE PUBLIC TOILETS!

Postby MalcolmB » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:00 pm

I just read that they are closing the public toilets at St Vincent Place, West Campbell Street, Cathedral Square and Stevenson Street and replacing them with stupid little cubicles you have to spend 20p to use! :evil: I understand the ones at Cathedral Square but the St Vincent Place ones are quite important. Having a bowel condition I use them every time I am in the city centre. A lot of people depend on these toilets and I have always thought we need more public toilets not less! :(

There will be a block of four at St Vincent Place! There will be long queues and there will be more people choosing to relieve themselves outside. Some people also cannot afford to pay 20p eveytime they need to use the bathroom. What happens if you don't have that on you, or you don't have the right change?! Having a bowel condition I sometimes take a little longer in the bathroom than most people, can you imagine how embarrasing that would be? Coming out onto a busy road with a queue of people moaning at you for taking so long. I remember a time when my late dad, who was suffering from bowel cancer at the time, was litterly saved by having that toilet there and accessible.

Please complain to the council to stop this ludicrousy, even if you don't use it or can afford to pay for the new ones. I was annoyed when they shut the toilets at Queen's Park in Shawlands, a place I frequent. Now it's happening to the city centre as well. They laughingly call it, "upgrading" them. More like downgrading them! :cry:

Malcolm B
MalcolmB
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Re: Closing CITY CENTRE PUBLIC TOILETS!

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Well it looks like the subject was already approached here

Call it a local tax on doggers, cruisers and other sex related interests

Not that I have any issue with any of the above folk, each to their own :wink:
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Development