Sighthill - Fountainwell Place Demolition

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Sighthill - Fountainwell Place Demolition

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:09 pm

hazy wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:Where have GHA(?) put all the people?

In Queen Street tunnel. Like GHA give a shit.

GHA don't give a shit about fuck all. I'm more concerned about the decanted tenants new neighbours.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby alzaman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Innit fantastic.

GHA's reprobate tenants, and refugees, will be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of being given a newly built house, after being decanted from shitholes.

Meanwhile, back on planet reality, normal working people wait to get housed, and it would take more than luck to get one of those newly built houses. After seeing friends on these lists for a number of years, it's excessively infuriating to watch people that don't deserve a caravan to be given a shiny new house .. all paid by HM Government.

Over and Out :D
alzaman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cowlairs road » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:18 pm

i am a concierge on said sight, it will be dropped on 13th july , and the displaced tenants have been offered £80 cash or a night in a b+b. most of the residents of these blocks have either moved to pinkston,or to the new build houses at blackthorn street with £2500 or more disturbance money.
cowlairs road
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:31 pm

normal working people wait to get housed

wait to get a house or wait to get a better one?
How come you all get sentimental about demolishing houses then moan about the downtrodden tenants being re housed. Seeing as you're clever enough to type a whinging missive to a message board why aren't you on the board of your tenants association and doing something about it?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scottwramsay » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:38 pm

cowlairs road wrote:i am a concierge on said sight

You've just been promoted to my top info source on this one. Any details on the timing? Different evacuation start/finish and actual demolition times would be great to stop any confusion! 8)

Glasgow Demolition Works Google Map (contribute any info!)
http://www.flickr.com/scottwramsay/
scottwramsay
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby bcuk10 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:57 am

The Evening times reports that the tower blocks will be blown up at 2am so as not to disrupt the trains that run past going to Queen street station :roll:
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:33 pm

NR will have to take a few hours to check for damage to the area, and for any stray rubble to be removed from the tracks, last thing you want is a train hitting rubble.

Happened a few weeks ago at blantyre (shock horror)
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cowlairs road » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm

the flats are due ,allegedly :roll: to come down at 02.30 am on sunday 13th july, providing every man,woman,dog,cat,budgie, are accounted for. the nearby residents are being put up at local hotels, or are being given £80 cash , i no worky that nite, but i look forward to seeing the video. best place to view the drop is the graveyard,spooky i know, or at the junction of carlisle st. and keppochkill road, fountainwell road and pinkston road will be closed allegedly :roll: so look to these 2 sites for great viewing . and no, the concierge site at 37 fountainwell is not an option. :D :D :D :D
cowlairs road
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Reenie Bujman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Thank you, cowlairs road...

cowlairs road wrote:best place to view the drop is the graveyard,spooky i know...

cowlairs road wrote:...or at the junction of carlisle st. and keppochkill road...

Stand by this sculpture/mural...

...for this view:

Anywhere in Cowlairs Park looks suitable for setting up the tripod. Bagsy the goalpost for my webcam.

Reenie Bujman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Reenie Bujman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Oh yes, this is how Las Vegas does them >>
Reenie Bujman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby bcuk10 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:40 pm

At 2am if thats when they are doing it i would stand near a police officer or 2 it can be a bit rough around that area so dont stray to far from the crowd with your camera gear :evil: :twisted:
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Reenie Bujman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:41 am

I hope that Plod is there in abundance; Sighthill gave me the creeps the first time I went up there. It does look a bit rough 'round and about. I've noticed you only get blowdowns in the rougher areas of town. I wonder why... :wink:
Reenie Bujman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cowlairs road » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:18 am

reenie , those last 2 pics are the best for viewing, i,ve worked in sighthill for 12 years, and believe me there are a lot of very good people that stay and have stayed there.
cowlairs road
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Reenie Bujman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:24 pm

While I was taking photographs in Cowlairs Park, I met a chap who was walking his dog. He was about sixty, I guess, and had been to the school there that is being dismantled. He told me about the abattoir that used to be on the Pinkston site and also the "Stinky Ocean" of legend that he and his mates used to play in when they were kids.

It's not just about watching a few fireworks; I like to know a bit about the history and prospects of the places I visit too. I was delighted shortly afterwards to find a roe deer in the shrubs at the side of the park.
Reenie Bujman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Celyn » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:39 am

Reenie Bujman wrote:I hope that Plod is there in abundance; Sighthill gave me the creeps the first time I went up there. It does look a bit rough 'round and about. I've noticed you only get blowdowns in the rougher areas of town. I wonder why... :wink:

Oh, I do very much hope that the plod will be there in abundance just for your touristique little visit. Or, you know, you could always feel happier by never going into "the rougher areas of town", lest it upset you. We are all cannibals in these here far flung parts, of course. :rolleyes:
Celyn
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Development