Sighthill - Fountainwell Place Demolition

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Sighthill - Fountainwell Place Demolition

Postby SomeRandomBint » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:10 pm

2HB wrote:Why don't the next time you and mater go to Costco visit the optician section and get yer eyes checked ya fukkin stupid cunt?

::):
"-What was all that then? - What? - THAT. - That was Glasgow"
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Boxer6 wrote:
Given that the first ones were downed at 2a.m-ish, I rather suspect the others will be too. Something to do with the trains, if I recall correctly.

Mind you, the ones that were brought down last summer were done in the day-time, weren't they? :?

It was, was meant to be 2am to allow time for the last edinburgh to get in (0031), and any shunting up to eastfield to be completed, but i think it was 2,30 they were felled due to a fight on the train and the guard having to get the police to attend, also gave time for the line and tunnel to be checked before the first trains ran on the sunday morning
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinegar Tom » Wed May 22, 2013 10:50 pm

I might have missed it in my search , but I can't find a thread dedicated to the Pinkston Drive demolitions, so this is probably appropriate despite the recent unpleasantness on this thead.

I have taken a few pics of the demolition of 16-18 Pinkston Drive, but today was the first time I managed to miss TDS's lunch hour 8)

Bathroom Wednesday by vinegartom40, on Flickr
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AntsMcMurdosch » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:36 am

My brother asked me to drop off his bike at Mickey Oates on North Canal Bank Street for its MOT yesterday, which I did, and my dad followed me in his car to drop me back at my home so I could get back to work rather than waste 1.5-2 hours traipsing back to Renfrew on the bus(ses).

My da asked, if I wasn't in too much of a hurry, if we could nip round to Pinkston Drive quickly to see the flats he grew up in as he hadn't been round there for a few years.

Just as well we did... he lived in 18 which is just about finished.

2013-06-04 09.14.59 by Cisco7975, on Flickr
AntsMcMurdosch
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby HelenD » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:13 pm

I could see it from the train on the way home yesterday evening (by which time a good deal more seems to have gone) and I couldn't help thinking of a wedge of stilton just as you're getting to the rind. I wonder how they stop the last bit from toppling over.
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:19 pm

17 to 19 pinks ton drive is now in the hands of technical demolition services wonder if it will be imploded or munched
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby ninatoo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Is there a Pinkston Place in Glasgow? I thought that was the address of my grandfather, but it's been a while since he lived there. He was in number 18. Otherwise that's his house being levelled.
ninatoo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 pm

17 to 19 pinkston drive is still standing Tds is just starting to set up the site boundrys and fencing
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:22 am

AntsMcMurdosch wrote:My brother asked me to drop off his bike at Mickey Oates on North Canal Bank Street for its MOT yesterday, which I did, and my dad followed me in his car to drop me back at my home so I could get back to work rather than waste 1.5-2 hours traipsing back to Renfrew on the bus(ses).

My da asked, if I wasn't in too much of a hurry, if we could nip round to Pinkston Drive quickly to see the flats he grew up in as he hadn't been round there for a few years.

Just as well we did... he lived in 18 which is just about finished.

2013-06-04 09.14.59 by Cisco7975, on Flickr

Why have they gone for a nibble down for this one when all the others so far have been dynamited?
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Celyn » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:29 pm

ninatoo wrote:Is there a Pinkston Place in Glasgow? I thought that was the address of my grandfather, but it's been a while since he lived there. He was in number 18. Otherwise that's his house being levelled.

I could be wrong but I don't think there was a Pinkston Place in Sighthill. However, street naming and numbering is very weird in Sighthill, so there easily could be one. There was definitely a number 18 Fountainwell Place, and that was demolished with a big bang a few years ago. It was at the far north-west corner of Sighthill, just near Keppochhill Road. And beside Sighthill Primary School. Might that be the one?
Last edited by Celyn on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celyn
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby pingu » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:29 pm

there is no pinkston place....not in sighthill anyway.....or at least not since the flats have been there.

the flats that got demolished in the NW corner where between fountainwell place and fountainwell avenue
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ninatoo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 am

Thanks...I asked my mother where her father lived and she immediately said Pinkston Drive, so it was my mistake. She said it was a terrible place for him to live. Some nutter kept lighting fires at people's doors, and one man kept yelling at my grandfather through his letterbox to give him money. :roll:
ninatoo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 pm

17/19 pinkston drive have half the windows removed
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:49 pm

3 + 5 Pinkston Drive yesterday:

Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RFCally » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:04 am

Crawfurd Heights and Hartfield Heights.....All that remains of the 60's Sighthill [GLASGOW]. Any idea when they will be finally vacated and in the hands of TDS?
RFCally
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Previous

Return to Glasgow Development