On-line plans

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

On-line plans

Postby Peekay » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:09 pm

Is there onywhere I can find plans /artists impressions of both the new Morrisons at Kilmarnock Rd/Burnfield Rd and whats going to happen to the old Morrisons that's coming down in Giffnock. I'd heard they're going to put the enterance on Burnfield Rd which seems madness and I just want a lookie-see at whats going in place at Giffnock.

Ta
PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Graham » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:13 pm

From what I heard the new Morrisons extends from Fenwick Rd right down to the old car auction site (opp Fairbairns) on Burnfield Rd. I haven't seen any plans for it although they are probably on view at ERC hq.

If I remember rightly the original plan (quite a few years back) was to extend down Burnfield Rd from directly behind the current Morrisons (Safeway as it was at the time) knocking down all the bungalows that form the two streets effected.They had managed to get all but a couple of the residents to agree to sell up to allow the development to go ahead, however,the last couple were elderly and wouldn't sell for any amount so the plan ended up being scrapped.
I was banned for being homophobic.
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Graham » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:48 pm

Another thing....whilst searching for the plans online I noticed that Giffnock is now referred to as a "town" when did that happen??
I was banned for being homophobic.
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peekay » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:06 pm

It appears after some sniffing about that the service entry/exit will be on Burnfield Rd and the Joe Punter entry/exit will be on Fenwick Rd. There's also loose talk of them doing something with Muggers Lane on Burnfield Rd as part of the deal.

There's also going to be shops, including a (probably) highly over-priced boozer going underneath the new flats at the old site. Wouldn'y surprise me! You need a re-mortgage to drink in the OP. Still, A pubs a pub when yer nerves are shreekin' fur a pint

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: On-line plans

Postby tip2tail » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:53 pm

tip2tail returns to resurrect an old post! Whoop Whoop!

Anyway, seeing as I now work for the aforementioned Fairbairns (cough... Arnold Clark... cough) I get to see the newly opened Morrisons first hand each day.

The service entrance is in Burnfield Road, across from the Mini site entrance. The lorries do take some skill to negotiate the tight turn in through the rear compound gates mind you - fun to watch!

The "Muggers Lane" has been resurfaced, lighting added and also has a ramp half way up it to allow access to the store/car park.

The main public entrace is from the new Traffic Light controled (come on - what else would it be on Fenwick/Kilmarnock Road) junction with the new filling station on the right of the access road, old filling station (now demolished) on the left and the store facing you.

The store itself is nothing different to any other Morrisons. They make a mean cheese toastie at lunch time :-). One thing that I did notice was all the framed "Old Giffnock" prints showing the old bank building (now Subway) and trams etc. Very nice!

Anyway,

Good to be back!

Mark :-)
tip2tail
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:11 pm

I did venture down to day for some giffnock past presents and of course to nose at the redevelopment to see how it had progressed as I had been working at that site when it was still mud. Even though its just another supermarket, the site is looking a lot better than it was au natrale/car wash/skip hire time.

Here is the old shop.

Wonder when the flats start?
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:52 pm

If its morrisosns that building them, probably very soon, hes a shrewd old sod, buys land build a shop and houses beside it

(see cambuslang for an example)
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Development