royal exchange square

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

questionnaire

Postby woodie20 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:01 pm

here's a small(ish) questionnaire, if anyone could fill it in and message it back to me I would be really grateful, and if anyone has any general comments to add that would be great too! It's totally confidential and the results will help me with a university research project,

thanks

Please mark appropriate answers with an X or number accordingly

How often do you use royal exchange square?

Everyday
Once a week
Once a month
Less than once a month
Never

Please number the following reasons for using Royal exchange square, from your most frequent activity (1) to the least frequent, (7).

GoMA
Shopping
Restaurants
Bars/ clubs
Meeting friends (in street)
Cut through to other streets
Business purposes

What feature of the square do you enjoy the most?

Layout
The GoMA building
The lighting
The Duke of Wellington statue and cone
The Buchannan street arches

Other -

Which of the following main public squares most represents the city of Glasgow to you?

Royal Exchange Square
George Square
St Enoch Square
Other –

How would you agree with the following statements?
(1= strongly agree, 5= strongly disagree)

Royal exchange square has a lively atmosphere.

Royal exchange square reflects the culture of the city of Glasgow as a whole.

Age range

16-24
25-34
35-44
45-54
54+
woodie20
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Alex Glass » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi Woodie

I will try and complete your questionnaire later.

This topic reminded me of a period in the late 70's when I use to go to Royal Exchange Square when ever I was in town.

They had a bit of a 'Speaker's Corner' going on every Saturday and my friends and I loved heckling the speakers.

The Square has alway reflected the times as far as I am concerned. At that time it was always the place to pass through and had a lively atmosphere.

Althogh I don't go into GoMA as often as I would like, nearer did I go into the Stirling Library that often.

Although the Square has changed over the years in a lot of ways it hasn't. As for the Goths using it as a meeting place, I for one didn't mind this and thought that it gave a new feel to the place.

I often passed that bookshop on the way throught from/to Buchanan Street and always looked in the window. I prefared Grant's on Union Street and the Smith's on St Vicent Street when Grant's closed.

I feel the changes to the Square have reflected the changes and outlook of Glasgow.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Development