Tesco Pollok Silverburn

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby hazy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:17 pm

Pencils have rubbers. Keyboards have delete. We all make wee mistakes. See uoy in the sargents mess later Alex. ::):
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:20 pm

::): ::): ::): ::): ::):
:oops:

:cry: ::): :cry: ::): :cry: :oops:
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:11 am

It is almost sad that some people refuse to enter the 21st Century.

Viva La Revolution.

Its almost sad that some people like yourself cant get a grip on reality! If 21st century Scotland is a New Labourised shopping centre complete with apathetic shoppers, incapable of meaningful political thought and expression, and working at a low wage, then by all means bring on the revolution!

21st century Scotland is a SAD place itself, go abroad Alex, go to real Europe and see the real world! ::):
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:23 pm

Any suggestions Vlad?

Would be happy to explore your suggestion.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:13 am

Explore? What, Im not giving you suggestions personally... ::): I have one or two ideas:

For a start get Scotland to leave the United Kingdom, it only hinders our development by placing all the most important economic and political control in London. If anybody wants to challenge this take it to the Independence thread...

End this neo-liberal agenda. The rest of Europe is rejecting it and it is only really the UK (and a few easy to convert former Soviet nations) that follows this US pattern. Let Thatcherism die when Thatcher dies.

Join the euro, the pound works only for the benifit of the stock exchanges in London. Ask yourself whether it really is OUR sovereignty, when it is controlled by the Bank of England and has the queen of England plastered on its coins and notes.

Ignore the neo-liberal EU rules, and nationalise the most important industries and public services, in particular the oil industry, which would deliver a short term but important drive to the economy. Nationalise transport and destroy the private monopoly that is First. This idea is in fact far from outdated, it came after the philosophy of excessive private ownership...

Allow the trade unions greater power, actively encourage pressure groups. It makes the government fear the people, and not the other way around as it is at present.

Create companies actually based in Scotland, not just financial ones but also manufacturing companies, producing high quality goods that still have an egde over cheap imports. This will create large amounts of jobs. Make it illegal to create head offices in London, indeed cut off most ties with England altogether. Its dominance should not be allowed to creep back.

Now Im sure you will say that these ideas aren't '21st century' but at least they dont hark back to the time of Adam Smith... ::):
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:27 am

not that you look like her Vlad but whenever I read your posts I always think ofblah blah blah, blah-blah blah blah... its the Kelly Osborne show! ...You wanna tape this kiddies!!
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby Vladimir » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:00 am

::): And each time I read your posts I notice snide wee remarks. Is that all you can offer, cheek! You are nothing but short and snappy, like a wee dog! Snap, snap, snap, hahaha... (notice the repetitive word syndrome there, must have caught it off you!)

not that you look like her Vlad

Dont worry, Ive seen what you look like! :roll: :roll: ::):
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:22 am

Seeing as you know me so well you'll also know that my bite is worse than my bark :wink: rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruff.

Breaktime over now, back to your protracted snide remarks...
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby Vladimir » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:22 am

Oh, as an extra. Yes I do repeat myself, but so do the ardent supporters of things like Silverburn Shopping Centre like Alex Glass. Certainly, they dont have to as much because almost everybody seems to support them straight away. Or doesnt care (a very Scottish disease) what happens.

Well I do, and I will continue to challenge whatever seems wrong to me, even if it does mean hammering in the same points again, and again, and again... ::):
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:23 am

Breaktime over now, back to your protracted snide remarks...

My remarks are protracted, but they surely arent quite as snide! ::):

bite is worse than my bark

Right Im scared now... 8O
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:42 pm

Vlad having never met me you seem to have a very strong opinion about me.

I think if you read any of my posts I do not tend to repeat myself. Also I would say that on the value of supermarket jobs, there appear to be equal numbers for and against.

Personally I would have agreed with most of your post from 9.13am today.

It is disappointing that you seem to have some kind of problem with me as you keep refering to me in your posts. I always enjoy reading your posts and feel that there is some merit in most of what you say although you do tend to lecture and always assume everyone else is wrong before you have given us the chance to express our opinion.

It is clear that you have the benefit over me of a higher standard of education. This however does not make my opinion less relevent that yours. Neither does my age give me the right to ignore your opinion. But sometimes it is a bit of a challenge to see the merit of your argument through your tendancy to rant. I don't mean to be critical and please do not take this in the wrong way.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:17 pm

OK, more picking apart.

Vlad having never met me you seem to have a very strong opinion about me.

Neither has Crusty met me, he still makes his point...

always assume everyone else is wrong

Is this true? Last time I noticed it was always my opinion being considered wrong, not '21st century' if you can remember that!

It is clear that you have the benefit over me of a higher standard of education.

Explain just how you came to this conclusion? I dont remember telling anybody anything about my education and to be honest it isnt much to brag about...
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:25 pm

HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:36 pm

Ah well, the subject is exhausted anyway... ::):
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sir Roger DeLodgerley » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:08 am

Vladimir wrote:Explore? What, Im not giving you suggestions personally... ::): I have one or two ideas:

For a start get Scotland to leave the United Kingdom, it only hinders our development by placing all the most important economic and political control in London. If anybody wants to challenge this take it to the Independence thread...

End this neo-liberal agenda. The rest of Europe is rejecting it and it is only really the UK (and a few easy to convert former Soviet nations) that follows this US pattern. Let Thatcherism die when Thatcher dies.

Join the euro, the pound works only for the benifit of the stock exchanges in London. Ask yourself whether it really is OUR sovereignty, when it is controlled by the Bank of England and has the queen of England plastered on its coins and notes.

Ignore the neo-liberal EU rules, and nationalise the most important industries and public services, in particular the oil industry, which would deliver a short term but important drive to the economy. Nationalise transport and destroy the private monopoly that is First. This idea is in fact far from outdated, it came after the philosophy of excessive private ownership...

Allow the trade unions greater power, actively encourage pressure groups. It makes the government fear the people, and not the other way around as it is at present.

Create companies actually based in Scotland, not just financial ones but also manufacturing companies, producing high quality goods that still have an egde over cheap imports. This will create large amounts of jobs. Make it illegal to create head offices in London, indeed cut off most ties with England altogether. Its dominance should not be allowed to creep back.

Now Im sure you will say that these ideas aren't '21st century' but at least they dont hark back to the time of Adam Smith... ::):

::): ::): ::): ::): I could spend all day picking holes in such discredited nonsense, but instead I'll restrict myself to one factual observation; Queen Elizabeth is also the Queen of Scotland.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is generally adopted.
Sir Roger DeLodgerley
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Development