Red Road/Petershill Drive

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Red Road/Petershill Drive

Postby Boxer6 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Thought there was a dedicated thread for these demolitions (in fact, I was sure I'd posted in it!) but a search has failed to locate it if so.

Anyway, a couple of 63 Petershill Drive from the other day - most of the window glass is gone now, and the road itself has been blocked off by Safedem.

It was told to me again that all the residents in the (old) YMCA building at number 33 have to be out by the end of March, presumably to then allow Orchard & Shitman to get their stuff out, then hand it over to Safedem/TDS/whoever.

(Edited cos I clicked the wrong link! :oops: )
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Red Road/Petershill Drive

Postby Josef » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:07 am

Boxer6 wrote:Thought there was a dedicated thread for these demolitions (in fact, I was sure I'd posted in it!) but a search has failed to locate it if so.

The search function on here is, as even current and ex-mods like myself have noted, an utter disgrace. Sharon, get it sorted!!
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Josef wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:Thought there was a dedicated thread for these demolitions (in fact, I was sure I'd posted in it!) but a search has failed to locate it if so.

The search function on here is, as even current and ex-mods like myself have noted, an utter disgrace. Sharon, get it sorted!!

I've just posted in it, to bring it back up the list again of visible threads.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:13 pm

RapidAssistant wrote:
Josef wrote:

I've just posted in it, to bring it back up the list again of visible threads.

Cheers RA. Now you've posted there, I realise I did see it on my trawls ….. just didn't recognise it for what it was. Doh! (I've even posted in it ffs!! :oops: )
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:03 am

Anyway, a couple of 63 Petershill Drive from the other day - most of the window glass is gone now, and the road itself has been blocked off by Safedem.

It was told to me again that all the residents in the (old) YMCA building at number 33 have to be out by the end of March, presumably to then allow Orchard & Shitman to get their stuff out, then hand it over to Safedem/TDS/whoever.

(Edited cos I clicked the wrong link! :oops: )

I see that the metal overcladding is off now to reveal the asbestos wall panels. Nasty stuff.

10 Red Road Court officially closed at the end of January - says so on the Red Road website. If 33 is to be cleared by the end of March then they've got a job on their hands as there are a lot of lights on at night.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:58 pm

RapidAssistant wrote:
I see that the metal overcladding is off now to reveal the asbestos wall panels. Nasty stuff.

10 Red Road Court officially closed at the end of January - says so on the Red Road website. If 33 is to be cleared by the end of March then they've got a job on their hands as there are a lot of lights on at night.

It's all asylum seekers in there AFAIK, and they are treated only marginally better than cattle when it comes to moving them about from what I've seen; which means, moving them all out will take very little time at all in practice. The biggest problem facing those in charge is actually sourcing alternative accommodation I reckon - O&S seem to have a lot of properties in the Gorbals/Govan areas, as a lot of the folk seem to be getting sent there.

Also, I'm not sure how "dedicated" folk are about turning off the lights - I've often wondered who foots the final bills for heat/light etc in there, as most residents appear to enjoy satellite TV etc over and above the leccy/gas bills and don't pay any of the bills. (Well, they don't have the money to do it for a start!!)
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinegar Tom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:34 pm

One from last week:

Green on Red by vinegartom40, on Flickr
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Guacho » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:48 pm

They are red- don't remeber them being that colour last year
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mercury » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:13 am

Guacho wrote:They are red- don't remeber them being that colour last year

Is it not debris netting?
mercury
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:29 am

mercury wrote:
Guacho wrote:They are red- don't remeber them being that colour last year

Is it not debris netting?

Debris netting it is. The last slab block (10,20,30) is covered in the stuff too - looked quite rosy in the sunset last night!
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Maybe HSE has made them do it owing to the risk of falling asbestos...after Safedem got themselves into hot water the other year, when they dropped an asbestos panel onto the primary school below.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Wee update - sort of.

A client of mine told me today she'd had a communication informing her the date for blowing down the Petershill blocks has been set at September 23rd. A quick check of a calendar (after I'd left her house) showed that date to be a Tuesday - as August 23rd is a Saturday, I suspect that to be more likely.

Anyone else heard anything about it? (I'll post in the Tower Block Demolition thread too I think).
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby biggaryoung » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:31 pm

My friend had said Sunday 23rd August but I've seen nothing online to suggest it's going ahead I'd have thought someone would have more info by now.keen to find out though....
biggaryoung
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Boxer6 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:49 pm

biggaryoung wrote:My friend had said Sunday 23rd August but I've seen nothing online to suggest it's going ahead I'd have thought someone would have more info by now.keen to find out though....

I've heard nothing more about any date, but given the total lack of info about exclusion zones and the like, seems it might be 23rd September after all.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Development