First in the Gorbals

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: First in the Gorbals

Postby The Egg Man » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Woodlands Rd has been busy since it opened but got even busier when the petrol station at Old Dumbarton Rd closed.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:29 pm

RDR wrote:Thanks for the info YB.
You would hope the planners at GCC have taken into account the Ambulance Station at the Victoria Road end of Butterbiggins Road and its need for fast exit from it.

Interesting that a petrol station is planned. There was of course already one there at the corner of Butterbiggins Road and Victoria road. it didn't flourish and was subsequently shut down and demolished. I wonder what the economic case is for another one, when one has already failed in that area.

Another issue is the decontamination of the Larkfield site. There has been an issue in Motherwell, when First sold the old Traction House site, that they didn't decontaminate the site before leaving and the new developers will have to do that. Given First got the old Central SMT site for peanuts following deregulation (and I would presume Larkfield won't have cost much in the scheme of things either) them maybe the onus should be on them to do it. At present it would seem the Motherwell site will take two years to decontaminate (that development was also held up by planning issues) I would imagine Larkfield will not be much different.

Do you know, I've always wondered what precisely what they do with the contaminated soil they remove.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HelenD » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:28 am

They use it to contaminate sites that need contaminated ;)
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:31 pm

If anyone on here is a GVVT member, they are currently gauging interest in organising a visit to the Larkfield site.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Development