Young Terrace, Springburn

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Young Terrace, Springburn

Postby Boxer6 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:25 pm

Not long after I joined here, I posted up some B & W pics of various parts of Springburn, Possil and Milton, taken about 5 years ago IIRC.

Anyway, one was of the rear of Young Terrace, just off Edgefauld Road, here;

Passed by there today, and took this from pretty much the same place;

Not sure who's responsible (GHA perhaps?) but good on them anyway. Personally, having seen inside more than a few of those flats, I wouldn't have given tuppence for them.

Nice turnaround.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Young Terrace, Springburn

Postby RDR » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:13 pm

Nice turnaround as you say, but whether they stay like that will depend on who they put back in them, I'm afraid.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:48 pm

I used to live down the street form those houses and it was always older folk who lived in them. they always seemed well looked after.
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Springburn Boy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:23 am

Thats were they filmed Rab C Nesbitt. In Young Terrace
Where ye gaun wi' that Jobbie?
Springburn Boy
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:50 am

Springburn Boy wrote:Thats were they filmed Rab C Nesbitt. In Young Terrace

Didn't recognise it as there I must say!

I know the original Clansman from Still Game was on Ruchill Street; the ubiquitous "they" have since pulled it down and built houses on the site now.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:47 am

Boxer6 wrote:

I know the original Clansman from Still Game was on Ruchill Street; the ubiquitous "they" have since pulled it down and built houses on the site now.

The pub was dead on its arse as its clientele had moved on elsewhere and the owners sold it. What else would you have had them do. Preserve it for a visit from the HG night out crew (never found outside of G1 on the last Friday/Saturday of the month).

At 2:20 you can cry your eyes out over the last sighting of another Ruchill public house in this video.

"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:35 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:

The pub was dead on its arse as its clientele had moved on elsewhere and the owners sold it. What else would you have had them do. Preserve it for a visit from the HG night out crew (never found outside of G1 on the last Friday/Saturday of the month).

At 2:20 you can cry your eyes out over the last sighting of another Ruchill public house in this video.

I have no problem with it being knocked down at all. If it had been mine, in similar circumstances, then it would have been sold. No sentiment here!
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby robertpool » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:54 pm

outside the 'Clansman' was a sign advertising their entertainment 'Billy D' but who was 'Billy D'? any guesses?

Bobby
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby the researcher » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:53 pm

robertpool wrote:outside the 'Clansman' was a sign advertising their entertainment 'Billy D' but who was 'Billy D'? any guesses?

Bobby

i was watching the film just another saturday on you tube(no offense intended mentioning this film) and the clansman pub name was mentioned in the film its the scene where billy connolly first appears in the film any idea whether there was more than one pub called the clansman in glasgow and where this pub was that was used for the film?
THE FLYING SCOT MADE BY RATTRAYS IN GLASGOW THE BEST BICYCLE EVER MADE
the researcher
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Glasgow Development