New cinema in Shawlands?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: New cinema in Shawlands?

Postby lord lucan » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:01 pm

floweredpig wrote:
dave3009 wrote:Don't feed the animals, if lord lucan does live in Giffie then the bank will have a rod so far up their arse it'll look like a scene out of Highlander. Incidentally I did a wee search on properties in Giffnock on rightmove I have to say that sitting here surrounded by acres of vacant farm and wood land I wouldn't pay 5 times the amount and live on a postage stamp just for a G post code.

::): ::): ::): having come from farming stock myself i know what you mean and miss it every day i live in the city,next move will be out of town.I moved here from London 7 years ago and anything feels airy after that.

my my, is that fiddles I hear in the background, oink, oink!!
Still lucan for me
lord lucan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:34 pm

the only sound you can hear is the sound of the family counting out their huge EU subsidies.

That and the every ready shotgun
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:14 pm

lord lucan wrote:my my, is that fiddles I hear in the background, oink, oink!!

Is that a smatter of envy,
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lord lucan » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:29 am

dave3009 wrote:Don't feed the animals, if lord lucan does live in Giffie then the bank will have a rod so far up their arse it'll look like a scene out of Highlander. Incidentally I did a wee search on properties in Giffnock on rightmove I have to say that sitting here surrounded by acres of vacant farm and wood land I wouldn't pay 5 times the amount and live on a postage stamp just for a G post code.

perhaps if you widen your search parameters, try area's such as Drumchapel, Possilpark,Shettleston, Castlemlk (I think that pretty much covers NSEW) you may find properties with that elusive G postcode that may suit your budget constraints.
Still lucan for me
lord lucan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:35 am

lord lucan wrote:perhaps if you widen your search parameters, try area's such as Drumchapel, Possilpark,Shettleston, Castlemlk (I think that pretty much covers NSEW) you may find properties with that elusive G postcode that may suit your budget constraints.

I'm a land owner!! Why would I have budget constraints. I'd say if I was planning on spending more than £1million I'd be wanting more than the standard 6 metre back yard Glasgow seems to offer. I'd want 40-50 acres with building suitable to work the land. But then again I suppose the average pretentious cunt wouldn't understand that.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lord lucan » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:18 am

dave3009 wrote:
lord lucan wrote:perhaps if you widen your search parameters, try area's such as Drumchapel, Possilpark,Shettleston, Castlemlk (I think that pretty much covers NSEW) you may find properties with that elusive G postcode that may suit your budget constraints.

I'm a land owner!! Why would I have budget constraints. I'd say if I was planning on spending more than £1million I'd be wanting more than the standard 6 metre back yard Glasgow seems to offer. I'd want 40-50 acres with building suitable to work the land. But then again I suppose the average pretentious cunt wouldn't understand that.

pretenious....moi? Calm down Farmer Giles, what a wonderful notion, the wrecked old tractor with strewn engine parts, the sump oil leakage, half staved animals,the picturesque oil drums, anyway where is lowdown,or whatever?
Still lucan for me
lord lucan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:26 am

Don't flatter yourself, I take it Giffnock is rural by definition for you as your idea of rural life is far from reality. We are funded to encourage wildlife and tourism so we have pathways for ramblers as well as picnic areas, these are seperated from the wildlife generation but close enough that both elements can enjoy their comfort. I'd have thought with you be such a high class gent you'd have an understanding. I reckon my first felling that you're actually a pikey who stumbled across some cash is more of a reality
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lord lucan » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:32 am

dave3009 wrote:Don't flatter yourself, I take it Giffnock is rural by definition for you as your idea of rural life is far from reality. We are funded to encourage wildlife and tourism so we have pathways for ramblers as well as picnic areas, these are seperated from the wildlife generation but close enough that both elements can enjoy their comfort. I'd have thought with you be such a high class gent you'd have an understanding. I reckon my first felling that you're actually a pikey who stumbled across some cash is more of a reality

good for you, keep up the good work. Anyway did we find out if they are building a new cinema in shawlands,it seems so long ago now.
Still lucan for me
lord lucan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:42 am

lord lucan wrote:Anyway did we find out if they are building a new cinema in shawlands,it seems so long ago now.

Built, opened, entertained a generation or three, went on fire, demolished, all while you've been blethering on. :roll:
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:30 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:
lord lucan wrote:Anyway did we find out if they are building a new cinema in shawlands,it seems so long ago now.

Built, opened, entertained a generation or three, went on fire, demolished, all while you've been blethering on. :roll:

I'll bet BrigitDoon was part of the construction team, afterall along with the designers of the World Trade Centre the placing of explosives in the cavity walls add a great insulatory dimension ;)
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:37 pm

We wouldn't want the occupants shivering with the cold, now would we? :)
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

AH, HAPPY DAYS.

Postby Nosht » Sun May 03, 2009 10:31 am

Takes me back. The Waverley, the Embassy, the Elephant, further afield to the Tudor in Giffnock or into the city for the Colosseum in Bridge Street.
Pay your money & stay there for 2 films, Movietone & sometimes even cartoons.

Regards,

N.
Nosht
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Previous

Return to Glasgow Development