Weren't they trying to get rid of Glasgow's high rises?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Weren't they trying to get rid of Glasgow's high rises?

Postby Bingo Bango » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:10 pm

hmmm yes - there really is no accounting for idiots though is there?

Other than a bullet, perhaps.
Bingo Bango
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby aland » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:59 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
Bingo Bango wrote:That is an excellent suggestion - everyone should have something to fight a fire with especially in the kitchen.

It's an excellent idea but when you recall it's difficult to get people to pay to replace the batteries in their 'provided for free' smoke detectors................ :roll:

say no more :roll: :roll: will always say only fight a fire if it is safe to do so and there is no risk of you becoming trapped.

folks keep an eye on aldi/lidl you can get 1kg bottles for between 6-10 quid and a 10kg for about £20, only thing if you have one is once a fortnight turn it upside down to keep the powder loose as it solidifies in the bottom of the bottle and check the guage (if fitted) to make sure it is in the green

i am not a fireman btw, i am a race marshal at knockhill but part of the job involves dealing with race car fires
aland
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Bridie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Lots of good advice here - thanks to all!

I never thought too deeply about the outside fire escape system just always wondered why it was used in American tenements and not here probably the tenements are higher than ours and of a different design.
As far as the idea of a sprinkler system in the top flat goes - well I see no one has mentioned the c word yet - cost :wink: probably a major factor !!
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Development