Edinburgh Military Tattoo preview in Glasgow -Tuesday 5 Aug

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Edinburgh Military Tattoo preview in Glasgow -Tuesday 5 Aug

Postby deebers » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:20 am

Lord Provost Bob Winter will take the salute as members of the sell-out Edinburgh Military Tattoo march through the streets of Glasgow on Tuesday 5 August 2008.

The Lord Provost said: “The Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a world-wide attraction and I am delighted to welcome its performers to Glasgow. We have a proud military history in Scotland and Britain and it is important that we celebrate it.”

The 59th Edinburgh Military Tattoo features a large gathering of Pipes and Drums from The Royal Regiment of Scotland battalions, The Scots Guards, The Royal Tank Regiment, The Royal Gurkha Rifles, Scotland’s Universities Officers’ Training Corps and Queen Victoria School. They will also be joined by The Rats of Tobruk from Australia and The Singapore Police and Gurkha Pipes and Drums.

The free event will involve the Massed Pipes and Drums leading the parade from Bythswood Square at 11.25am. The salute will be taken in front of the City Chambers at 11.35am by Glasgow’s Lord Provost, Bob Winter and the Deputy Commander of 52 Infantry Brigade.

Each act will then perform their individual sets free of charge to the public in an arena in George Square.

It promises to be a unique multinational and multicultural event with The Golden Eagles Brass Band from Missouri, cultural and musical acts from Singapore and India and the drill team and band of The Kings Guard of Norway.
Ehhh... cool. Whatever you say, I'm sorry. You're the man. The dude in the chair.
View my Blog
deebers
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Forum Archive