Radiance: Festival of Light

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Radiance: Festival of Light

Postby dcvr » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:31 pm

Saw this on the evening times today and thought it might be of interest. The city can look stunning when lit up at night, and it looks as though the council are having their own little festival from the 25th to 27th of November.

More info here: http://www.scottisharchitecture.com/crossover/?view=39 - shame the deadline is past, as I'm sure the HG folks would have had some cool ideas. Maybe next year, eh?
dcvr
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby McShad » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:47 pm

I'll certainly be looking into this festival... I like light and some of the effects.

Light and smoke :)

http://www.radianceglasgow.com/
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Radiance: Festival of Light

Postby Ronnie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:25 pm

dcvr wrote:shame the deadline is past, as I'm sure the HG folks would have had some cool ideas. Maybe next year, eh?

I think you'll find that there will be a strong HG connection, at least with the guided tours. I can say no more.
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:04 am

I don't know if it's got anything to do with the forthcoming Radiance event but I passed Calton Place tonight and was surprised to see the tree's on the grassy bit of the Clyde looking dazzalingly spectacular. 8)

Another highlight is the new colour that's been picked for lighting the suspension bridge!

I've not seen it looking so commie since the time it was used as a film location in the mid 1980's pretending to be somewhere in Russia with pics of Lennin draped over it and it even snowed IIRC. Anyone mind what that film was all about?

No doubt Vladimir and Socceroo will be well chuffed ::):

I was sans camera so you'll need to take my word for it until somebody posts the evidence.
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:22 am

I've not seen it looking so commie since the time it was used as a film location in the mid 1980's pretending to be somewhere in Russia with pics of Lennin draped over it and it even snowed IIRC. Anyone mind what that film was all about?

Probably the same one they used Moss Heights in and made Dundee City Chambers all communist with big Lenin paintings on the outiside and red banners.
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:04 pm

Pgcc93 wrote:I don't know if it's got anything to do with the forthcoming Radiance event but I passed Calton Place tonight and was surprised to see the tree's on the grassy bit of the Clyde looking dazzalingly spectacular. 8)

Saw them from the Train tonight, PG, elxcellenty, a lot of effort went into that display.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:04 pm

HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cumbo » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:30 am

Saw the lights at Calton Place last night,look good!Reflection at high tide will make a great photo.
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ronnie » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:49 pm

Anybody go on any of the tours?
What did you think of it?
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Forum Archive