Glasgow Loves Concrete? Sat 21st September.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Glasgow Loves Concrete? Sat 21st September.

Postby The Egg Man » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:27 pm

It’s unusual for a construction material to provoke the strength of opinion — whether pro or anti — that concrete does, and Glasgow is demolishing or concealing striking examples of historic concrete-based architecture all the time. What do you think? This collaborative day of discussion highlights heritage and future issues for concrete lovers, concrete haters, and everyone in between.

Talks:

(All talks are free, and attendees are welcome to come and go throughout the day, no booking required)

14:00 Charles Anderson: My life in concrete public art, and concrete mural techniques

14:45 Prof. Branka Dimitrijevic: Lion Chambers

16:00 Ross Brown: Brutalist brick and concrete architecture in Glasgow & Strathclyde

16:45 Prof. Remo Pedreschi: It’s not what you are, it’s what you do: studies in casting concrete

17:30 Stephen Edgar and Dr Nina Baker: Open discussion: Should Glasgow do more to celebrate its twentieth century buildings?

All day: Exhibition: Items from the NGS Archives.

In association with; The Construction History Society and The Twentieth Century Society: campaigning for twentieth century buildings.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Glasgow Loves Concrete? Sat 21st September.

Postby rabmania » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Where?
rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Glasgow Loves Concrete? Sat 21st September.

Postby The Egg Man » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 am

Sorry. It went when I was fixing the formatting.

This free, drop-in day of events at the New Glasgow Society's shop at 1307 Argyle Street is on Saturday 21st September. All welcome for any part of the day.

1307 is at the far west end of Argyle St, opposite where the petrol station was until recently.

http://www.newglasgowsociety.org/
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Forum Archive