Pyjamas

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Pyjamas

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:17 pm

If Kate can wear them why not Welsh tarts.

It's all the rage in Shanghai

Down your street

"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Pyjamas

Postby Glesga_Steve » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:18 am

I assume the 'Welsh tart' is the lovely lady mentioned/pictured in this article from the BBC News website

Ban pyjamas in public I say; it's unsightly.
Glesga_Steve
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:21 am

Unenforceable in Glasgow I would imagine. I do my weekly shop at Tesco St Rollox, and there are customers wearing pyjamas every time. I've seen folk in pyjamas on the bus and walking dogs.
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:29 am

How long was this bus?
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 am

I haven't worn pyjamas since as long as, I daresay if I were to walk about in public in my 'bed wear' most would vote in favour of pyjamas. That said I'd still wear my emperors clothes to bed :wink:
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby potatojunkie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:29 am

Some of the comments on the Have Your Say page are incredible. Lots of chat about what a terrible lack of self-respect these pyjama-shoppers have, how they're obviously layabout benefit-scrounging slobs who've never worked a day in their lives, how people going shopping in their jim-jams is indicative of a "broken society", and so on.

Congratulations to Tesco I say! It's about time some sectors of the population started taking more responsibility for their actions, and setting a positive example to their young children. There is an appropriate place, and time, for clothing, language, and behaviour in general. It is this sliding of values that is leading to the sub culture in this country that thinks it can do anything it likes, and the tax payer will pick up the tab. Give up the fags and smarten up. You are a disgrace!

Mary, Marlborough

"Give up the fags" says Mary, from Marlborough. Honestly.

I agree with Tesco's and any store for that matter for taking this stance. Anybody who thinks it is acceptable to where PJ's outside of their home and go to a store to shop really needs educating on what is acceptable dress code. They really must have low self esteem if they cannot be bothered to get washed and dressed before heading out the door.

Pj's are for bed time and should remain that way - what's next a negliee with fluffy slippers?

Karen, Greenwich, USA

"People need educating", claims a woman who can't distinguish "wear" from "where".

A perfect illustration of how much this country has sunk into the degrading mess that it is now, but the worst thing about this is the fact that our Government is responsible for this low life because of the "you don't have to work/benefits culture.

john brockhurst, mildenhall, United Kingdom

"It's the Gub'mint!" bellows John Brockhurst, who has sprayed literally hundreds of his hilarious dinlow opinions across the HYS site. I suspect him of being some sort of robot.

And so on. It's a good read if you're bored and awake at half two in the morning.
I will shoot you: http://www.stuartcrawfordphoto.com/
potatojunkie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:44 am

potatojunkie wrote:"Give up the fags" says Mary, from Marlborough. Honestly.

You couldn't make it up. :D
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:50 am

the only thing i'd worry about is, inside out PJ trousers with a skid mark :roll:
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby viceroy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:56 am

I must lead a very sheltered life because I have never seen this phenomenon. On the other hand I spend most of the time living inside my head, so maybe I have seen it and it has never registered. Does seem to indicate a certain deficiency in the personal hygiene department I feel, but that’s just my opinion. Unless of course you’re wearing jimjams as a fashion statement as the people in the first two pictures probably are.

What a complete and utter non-issue, though. To balance out the bird-brained comments quoted by PJ, I heard on the radio yesterday evening a leftwing academic from the sociology department of some jumped-up English polytechnic indignantly rejecting criticism of this practice as being an assault on the integrity of the working class etc etc. God, didn’t he go on about it! Things surely can’t be as bad as we think they are in this country if so much mental energy is being expended on such a trivial matter.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bing Buzby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:59 am

potatojunkie wrote:- what's next a negliee with fluffy slippers?

Karen, Greenwich, USA

Met a woman in a supermarket many years ago who was wearing her dressing gown and huge purple slippers. I really liked the idea of the world being told to 'go to hell - I'll do what I damn well please', through the medium of fluffy slippers.

Couldn't give a rats ass what people wear to the shops but the slippers to the supermarket caper is not for me, would have to hoover the house a lot more.
Bing Buzby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hazy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:26 pm

FFS the pyjama party will be up in arms. I can see a demo starting in the gents department heading down to the hoisery section via the soft furnishings with a quick stop off at the cafe for an all day brakfast with a final push in the sexy under wear dept. :?
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Pyjamas to school

Postby Dot » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:00 pm

This was a few years ago in Belfast.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life ... 901953.ece
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:56 pm

no no....nooo no no no..no no no no ...there's no limits

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:23 pm

It's simply down to laziness & a lack of self respect. Much like modern society in general. When Aunty B builds her time machine, I'm buggering off back to the 50's.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cumbo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:31 pm

I had an auntie who had a nice pair of slippers to go to the Ice cream van.
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions