Tattoos

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Tattoos

Postby nuttytigger » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Lynn_x wrote:
nuttytigger wrote:I've got 2, a rose on my ankle and a tigger on my shoulder.

wanting another one soon, my friend has loads

I LOVE tigger :D

Get a piccy up :P

i'll need to get mark to take a piccy of it then figure out a way to upload, probs get myself a flickr or something,

also waiting till i get my new phone with 8mp camera hehe
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:04 pm

I'm a clean canvas myself and I'm staying that way. I have wondered about having a tattoo in the past and the one that I would have gone for is my cartoon froggy that's sitting on the website at http://www.frogandfly.co.uk

I've been drawing hundreds of the little guy since my late teens and he brings a smile to peoples faces. He's proved very popular.

If anyone wants to wear one as a tattoo, let me know. I don't have a clue about designing tattoos, but I'd be happy to talk to a practitioner of the art about how to proceed. There'd be no charge; I'd consider it an honour were someone to make such a commitment with one of my designs.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:27 pm

I don't have any tattoos and would probably be too scared to get one done as I always imagine it is painful.

Didn't get my ears pierced for years as imagined pain to be worse than it actually was.
Only got ears done when my best friend agreed to come with me for moral support.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:31 pm

my mum got a wee bunny rabbit on her arm a few years ago in blackpool, she has been moaning about it for years, how she hates it etc, then on saturday while in blackpool again, she got another one!

i'm getting my 3rd in a couple of months as my reward for stopping smoking
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:54 pm

Dot wrote:I don't have any tattoos and would probably be too scared to get one done as I always imagine it is painful.

Didn't get my ears pierced for years as imagined pain to be worse than it actually was.
Only got ears done when my best friend agreed to come with me for moral support.

For years having pierced ears was regarded as very common. Now 6 month olds are having it done to them. Ooops!

Even now the vast majority of high-end earrings are still made as screw fittings.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:12 pm

I've not had my ears pierced and I don't wear jewelry. I only wear a watch when I'm out because I need to know what time the buses and trains run. I usually wear a light covering of foundation and that's about as far as embellishment goes. My mum's about the same and so was granny.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:29 pm

on the odd occasion i wear any make up its a bit of eye-liner and eyeshadow, thats it.

my friend tho takes about an hour to put on her make up maybe more - if we are going out a 7 she starts getting ready at about half 4
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby flyman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:57 am

i have never seen the point,whats the attraction? i used to spend hours doodling on the soles of my black sannies as a kid but thats as far as i took it.Maybe as a memorial to a dead loved one at a stretch i could imagine having one,but i've never felt the need.Scars on the other hand i'm covered in those but no one wants to see them..................
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:15 am

nae holes in me that nature never put there,nae wee drawings on me either.dont feel as though ive missed anything.i did once think about getting a slogan tatooed on me though,it would have read,they will never tatoo me. 8O
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:44 pm

I do sometimes ponder getting one or two more, but it's choosing what to get (and finding the money as good tattoo artists' time isn't cheap.)
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby thegazman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:37 pm

I never had the bottle when i was younger to get a tattoo,I allways wanted a pink floyd number......
Now im older wae a bit mare bottle but sadly now have Fcukn psoriasis :x
I would love to have my daughters name on my arm, but its not to be :(
So im quite envious
I've got a little black book with my poems in...
thegazman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 pm

thegazman wrote:I never had the bottle when i was younger to get a tattoo,I allways wanted a pink floyd number......
So im quite envious

I take it you've seen this?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby thegazman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Josef wrote:
thegazman wrote:I never had the bottle when i was younger to get a tattoo,I allways wanted a pink floyd number......
So im quite envious

I take it you've seen this?

Did'nt know about this website Thanks Josef
sadly i have The Koebner effect. Didnt want to post it as most people have never heard of it(it is a right pain in the arse)
But thanks again for the link
Gary
thegazman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:13 pm

i'm "lucky" with my psoriasis in that it only affects my head and face. Well they think its that on my face.

but my tattoos aren't in any places where the Koebner effect but my friend has one behind her ear and i would love one there as well, but the Koebner effect would attack it there
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby thegazman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:24 pm

nuttytigger wrote:i'm "lucky" with my psoriasis in that it only affects my head and face. Well they think its that on my face.

but my tattoos aren't in any places where the Koebner effect but my friend has one behind her ear and i would love one there as well, but the Koebner effect would attack it there

Hi nutty
Its good to finally find someone that also has koebners as i get fed up trying to explain to people its not just psorisis(i was told by a workmate that pissing on the skin is a cure :evil: )
i get affected anywhere i get a cut or nick on my skin
Have you found anything that helps/
the only thing that helps me is uv or natural sunlight
Gary
thegazman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions