The fecking place is boilin!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: The fecking place is boilin!

Postby Dot » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:36 pm

I bought myself this spritzer thing which I spray on my face to help keep me cool during my walk from the car park to work.
I think it is about 1.4 miles. I could park at another car park which is a bit closer but it is dearer as it is closer to the city centre.
Anyway I need to lose weight so I will stay where I am for now. Also it is a park and ride so I could make use of the bus if it was a cold or wet day.

I keep a small can of antiperspirant in my bag and spray my feet before I head back to car park in the evening.
I have been wearing trainers but think I will look out some sandals which are suitable for both walking and driving.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Henrysix » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:56 am

Dot that’s good, but 1.4 miles is n ALL weathers, have you thought about getting a food up bike put it in your boot and pedal to work, that is a better lie impact excercise which does not pound your joints, added bonus we can put you forward for the NI Olympic Cyclic team
Henrysix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:57 pm

Henrysix,

That does seem like a good idea about cycling from car park.

To be perfectly honest not sure I'd be up for cycling anywhere near Belfast City Centre.
There are some shocking drivers on the roads and I think it would be nerve wracking.
They do have bikes in Belfast which both locals and tourists can hire for a day.

I haven't cycled for a while and did enjoy cycling at my Aunts house in Argyll many years ago.
Roads were quieter and less pollution back then.

I was nearly knocked over by a cyclist on the pavement on Wednesday night but guy did apologise and said he should have been
on the road, Do people not use bells any more or is it becoming a thing of the past much like doorbells on peoples homes?

That's my rant over for today and hope everyone has a good weekend.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Henrysix » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:13 pm

Dot you chance it and I’ll get you some stabilisers off eBay, you h
ave a good weekend an’all!
Henrysix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:26 pm

Well I'm not sure about it being boiling though we have had a few nicer days in recent times.

Today when I was leaving the office the sun was out and there was a very light mizzle.
To top it all off there was actually a rainbow too!
You couldn't make it up really.

It's a pity that the rumour is that Storm Kathleen is arriving this weekend but what can you do ::):
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions