Bring back the ......

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Bring back the ......

Postby floweredpig » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:44 pm

mmd wrote:
dave3009 wrote:
scottland wrote:If hanging , the birch, corporal punishment was brought back would you volunteer to carry out the sentence, I wouldnt. I would be ok for throwing rotten fruit at someone in the stocks though. As long as they deserved it.

I certainly would, it'd show the wee fuckers properly and might act as a deterant to those that don't behave themselves.

Apparently, the Home Office do have a list of people that would be prepared to carry out flogging and hanging duties should they ever become legal again - wouldn't be a bad thing - would probably work far more effectively than the trendy modern methods of punishing and preventing crime
What wouldnt be a bad thing ,that people would volunteer for it or that the Home Office would canvas for volunteers?
If anyone did come forward they should be on a list alright,headed sadists and a bit suspect.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Sadist? Did you bump your head today. How many wee neds would sit about in parks drinking buckie if they thought the punishment was to be ridiculed in public by having their shell suit bottoms wheeked down and their bare bum skelp rid raw with their own burberry skip cap.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:16 pm

In fairness I think the focus is on the hanging part. Damn sure I couldn't.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Dunno mate, look at what the military do? I reckon half the folk killed in the name of good are probably nowhere near as bad as a handful of the folk that might ought to get hanged.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Ach, I just couldn't. I'm squeamish.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:04 pm

Being honest I might manage the birching but the general hanging and other executions probably not, there are some cases however which really boil my blood and might be persuaded to have a pop.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scottland » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Anyone remember the so called Birch Boy from the Eighties, He came from Glasgow, he had been convicted on the Isle of Man for an assault with a beer glass, on the ferry over to IOM and had been sentenced to a birching. I cant remember if he was actually birched, or was commuted to a jail sentence
Aye,well.
scottland
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:18 pm

dave3009 wrote:Sadist? Did you bump your head today. How many wee neds would sit about in parks drinking buckie if they thought the punishment was to be ridiculed in public by having their shell suit bottoms wheeked down and their bare bum skelp rid raw with their own burberry skip cap.
if a wee ned did me a wrongdoing then i would be the one administring a beating not some state sponsored doing.

A list of people who are ready to birch? Bull.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scottland » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Could anyone administer a Good Spanking.
Aye,well.
scottland
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:23 pm

If it was justified
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:28 pm

floweredpig wrote:
dave3009 wrote:Sadist? Did you bump your head today. How many wee neds would sit about in parks drinking buckie if they thought the punishment was to be ridiculed in public by having their shell suit bottoms wheeked down and their bare bum skelp rid raw with their own burberry skip cap.

I believe it's the BNP membership list as recently published on the internet.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:29 pm

floweredpig wrote:
if a wee ned did me a wrongdoing then i would be the one administring a beating not some state sponsored doing.

Aye but if you class yourself as an upstanding member of public it means you'd probably take the full book for beating up some poor innocent misguided youngster.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:32 pm

onyirtodd wrote:I believe it's the BNP membership list as recently published on the internet.

Arf ::):

Was there not a link to a wee film about Barlinnie's last hangman posted here a wee while back? Bloody sobering, it was.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby floweredpig » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 pm

I watched Pierrepoint last week and its the mechanic of the hanging process that is so horrible.Length of rope,last meal,speed of drop etc.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Lucky Poet
-
-

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions