Rabs Return

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Rabs Return

Postby Mori » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:07 am

Ian pattisons rent must be due ::): the only decent comedy to come out of the beep in recent years is still game.
will the beep stop scrapin the bottom of the barell and give us oor moneys worth please.

Rab C Nesbitt makes BBC comeback

Comic character Rab C Nesbitt, played by Gregor Fisher, is to return to the BBC for the first time in a decade for a one-off 45-minute special. Viewers will find out what has been happening to the string-vested, Glaswegian armchair philosopher and if he is still a hellraiser. Elaine C Smith also returns as Rab's long-suffering wife Mary.
The original award-winning series, by Ian Pattison, appeared in the late 1980s and ran for eight series.
The special is again written by Pattison and will be shown later this year.
The return of Rab C Nesbitt is just one of a number of new comedy commissions for BBC Two.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Rabs Return

Postby alzaman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Any ideas when this would be screened. It'd be good to see it updated, and possibly another series, as i'm sure the cast are pining for ::):
alzaman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:52 pm

I'd imagine it'd be a Hogmany special.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Toss » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:13 pm

I purchased the first series of this recently. It hasn't aged well at all!

It will be good to see it updated.
Toss
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby shuffle » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:03 pm

Toss wrote:I purchased the first series of this recently. It hasn't aged well at all!

It will be good to see it updated.

I like the first series a lot, not just because of the writing and performances but also because it shows how much Glasgow (especially Clydeside) has changed in the past 20 or so years. I can imagine the one off special being a bit crap,never go back!! Only Fools anyone??
shuffle
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:37 am

Mori wrote:Ian pattisons rent must be due ::): the only decent comedy to come out of the beep in recent years is still game.
will the beep stop scrapin the bottom of the barell and give us oor moneys worth please.

I think it much more likely Gregor Fisher's needin' the dosh.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby THA G-MAN » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:25 pm

Should be confined to the dustbin of s***e tv programmes,scraping the barrel comes to mind.
THA G-MAN
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:50 am

THA G-MAN wrote:Should be confined to the dustbin of s***e tv programmes,scraping the barrel comes to mind.

Perhaps any value it had was to show scheme scum that others have life even worse.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby peter » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:54 pm

II would be great. I know times change but it were up to me a new series of the Vital Spark would be the dogs Bollocks..
"I've seen them come and I've seen them go. And I've seen them Die"
peter
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:03 pm

Looking forward to see if new episode is any good.
Remember years ago going to see Rab C. live at Dundonald Ice Bowl but sadly it didn't live up to
my expectations. I think some acts are better on tv and don't transfer well to seeing them on stage.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:20 pm

Rab C hasn't aged well at all. I catch it now and again on some Sky telly channel. The jokes are weak as piss but it's good to see some of Glasgow from a few years back.
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:54 pm

River City has more comedy,
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:24 am

Govan can wait

Gregor Fisher can’t shake off Rab C Nesbitt’s string vest. but before his alter ego makes his TV return, the actor has a serious role to play as a troubled cop

ONLY LAST year, Gregor Fisher was expressing relief at the fact he was no longer being hailed in the street as Rab C Nesbitt. Rather, he was more likely to be recognised for his role as Mr Bumble from the BBC's adaptation of Oliver Twist. That point had been a long time coming.

Nearly 10 years have passed since Fisher decided to quit the hugely popular BBC comedy show, fearing that he might be typecast as his string-vested character and that the series was having an impact on his family life. During the height of his fame, Fisher had once looked up from changing one of his children's nappies at a local flower show, to find himself surrounded by a crowd of onlooking fans. Fisher, it seemed, was on the run from Rab C.

So it's an ironic twist in the tale that just as the actor has finally managed to cut loose, the Govan philosopher is making a comeback. Next month sees his return to our screens in an all-new Rab C Nesbitt Christmas special, which reunites Fisher with Elaine C Smith as Rab's long-suffering wife Mary Doll and Tony Roper as Jamesie Cotter.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:53 am

I'll give it a go Mori.
What harm can it do and see if it lives up to my expectations.

Thanks for advance warning.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions