Computer Problems.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Computer Problems.

Postby bcuk10 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 pm

bcuk10 wrote:Is any one else having trouble getting in to Virginmedia i can get online but not my virginmedia home page, when i try to get into it i get connection timeout message. :( i managed to get into my virginmedia mail then it timed out again. (firefox)

There is a fault disruption.

Virgin Media Mail is having trouble sending and receiving emails at the moment, so there might be a bit of a delay.

Fault reference: F002395978
found this on virginmedia site when i got in via internet explorer so could the problem be with firefox ?
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bcuk10 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:53 am

i wonder if this has anything to with my problems getting into Virgin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21954636
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Possibly as Virgin now store your email on google services.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby HelenD » Tue May 14, 2013 8:36 am

Ebuyer have gone to rat-shit. No more lolly from me...
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby busdriver » Tue May 14, 2013 11:01 am

I have been locked out from my e mail account, every time I try to get back in I get a pop up message telling me they need to send a verification code to my mobile but it doesnt work. Has anyone else experienced this?

I use yahoo.
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 pm

HelenD wrote:Ebuyer have gone to rat-shit. No more lolly from me...

I ordered three items from them on Friday night & they arrived the following morning. :)
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mercury » Tue May 14, 2013 9:56 pm

busdriver wrote:I have been locked out from my e mail account, every time I try to get back in I get a pop up message telling me they need to send a verification code to my mobile but it doesnt work. Has anyone else experienced this?

I use yahoo.

Had a problem with Yahoo Mail over the weekend. Got hacked on Thursday and had to change my password. On Friday I couldn't log in until I answered the security question but it wouldn't accept my answer. I was locked out for 24 hours. After two emails sent on my son's computer to Yahoo I was finally given access. :x
mercury
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Wed May 15, 2013 9:39 am

thats me back on after being hacked,virused and scunnered by the the conmen who were flagged up on this weeks watchdog.they appear on your screen as police and demand you pay up through ucash a fine for an illegal download or they will arrest you.in my case it was for a jamiroquia gig[as if].pissed me right off they did.you have been warned. :evil:
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby busdriver » Wed May 15, 2013 5:18 pm

mercury wrote:
busdriver wrote:I have been locked out from my e mail account, every time I try to get back in I get a pop up message telling me they need to send a verification code to my mobile but it doesnt work. Has anyone else experienced this?

I use yahoo.

Had a problem with Yahoo Mail over the weekend. Got hacked on Thursday and had to change my password. On Friday I couldn't log in until I answered the security question but it wouldn't accept my answer. I was locked out for 24 hours. After two emails sent on my son's computer to Yahoo I was finally given access. :x

I finally gave up in disgust after being redirected to some chinese site several times ended with opening an account with another provider.
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby mercury » Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 pm

busdriver wrote:
mercury wrote:

I use yahoo.

I finally gave up in disgust after being redirected to some chinese site several times ended with opening an account with another provider.

That was my next option, my next email was to tell them that.
mercury
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HelenD » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:51 pm

I was looking throught the adverts in Micro Mart earlier this evening and thought I'd price up one of the machines on offer to see how much it would cost to build it at home from components. The machine in question was Chillblast's Fusion Templar which they are offering for £699 inc VAT.

I couldn't get near it. Best I can manage is £788. They must have some serious discount on their components. They're also covering wages and overheads.

Reading through PC Pro a little later, I find it's on their A-list. Can't argue with that.

http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fu ... mplar.html

I'd still build my own, though. Slightly different spec to include extra storage and Ubuntu instead of Windows. I don't need a monitor as I have a spare already. That would work out at £576 and I could save another 25 by going for the next processor down. I wouldn't overclock it either as this tends to shorten the life of the processor, rather like turbocharging. I'd go for faster memory at only an extra £10.
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Virgin Media trying to charge £49.95 installation due to a fault on their superhub :roll:
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:20 am

nuttytigger wrote:Virgin Media trying to charge £49.95 installation due to a fault on their superhub :roll:

Tell them that as you already paid for installation when you first subscribed to the service, you will not be paying this - if the equipment is faulty it's at their expense to replace it.

I had this argument with them last year, I suspect your stuck with a robot in an overseas call centre who won't deviate from their script.

Argue the above point (it will be logged on the system) and then if you don't get anywhere, phone the cancellation dept, tell them your leaving because of this unfair charge and 9 times out of 10 it's waived.

Good Luck & don't give in to their tactics
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:56 am

The husband is going into their Bellshill call centre today on lunch!
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bcuk10 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:34 am

I have just signed into my Facebook account and noticed that top line where it usually starts with Facebook friend requests, then messages, then Notifications, search bar my photo, find friends, home, wee padlock then the settings wheel.

that's the same as my wife's account the (same layout) but tonight when i singed into my account the page looked different it was like this F then the search bar much longer than before followed by on the right hand side is the friend requests, messages, then Notifications, home, find friends my name wee padlock settings wheel. no picture any more.
Has Facebook done some kind of update on some Facebook profiles but not all of them its a bit strange i thought, the rest of the page looks the same as before,

https://www.facebook.com/index.php?styp ... AU_RjMPtaQ
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions