Do neds know they're neds ?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Do neds know they're neds ?

Postby glasgowken » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:10 pm

A philosophical discussion, do neds actually realise what they are ?

White tracksuits, masses of hideous "gold" jewery, Burberry caps, general scummy antisocial nature, is this something they aspire to ? Or is it genetic, outwith their control, like the actions of a jobby throwing monkey ?

I would be intersted to hear your opinions.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby govanboay » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:31 pm

I think it's just classic sub-group culture. When I were a lad I was bedecked in metal stuff; Maiden t-shirt, black jeans etc., whilst there were others with the 'casual' thing, golf jumpers, farah troosers etc.

It's a uniform, a way of fitting in and a way of annoying others!!

p.s I still wear the occasional metal t-shirt.
govanboay
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:47 pm

Mortified as I am to admit it, in my time I've been a Hippy, a Mod & a Skinhead. :oops:

I've pics of at least two of the above stages 8O
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:51 pm

HollowHorn wrote:Mortified as I am to admit it, in my time I've been a Hippy, a Mod & a Skinhead. :oops:

Oh, come on. You have to............
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Flash_Andy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:08 pm

Neds don't realise how daft they look or how daft they act, because they are....ehhh...dafties! I don't think the working class exists anymore it's been replaced by the ned class.

The clothes they wear (tracksuits & fitba tops) are worn because they can be worn all year round without being washed!

The cars of the neds are usually crappy Peugoets 106,206,306 or crappy Renault Clios or even sh*ty Citroen Saxos. Car windows are darkly tinted, exhausts are always shiney and very very loud. Alloy wheels are always fitted & spoilers and wings are usually added as well. Dance music is played at all times and as loud as possible with all windows open fully.

Neds are fannys!
Flash_Andy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Flash_Andy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:18 pm

Another thing that annoys me about neds is.... When a ned is killed by another gang of neds they turn the murder scene into a shrine. So flowers are nicked out the local park, old footy tops and scarves are tied to the nearest fence.

What I want to know is this? The flowers are left to wilt and die but the footy shirts always disappear after a couple of weeks. Do the neds just start wearing them again? :?
Flash_Andy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:33 pm

HollowHorn wrote:Mortified as I am to admit it, in my time I've been a Hippy, a Mod & a Skinhead. :oops:

Yeah come on HH, photies.... :D

govanboay wrote:I think it's just classic sub-group culture. When I were a lad I was bedecked in metal stuff; Maiden t-shirt, black jeans etc., whilst there were others with the 'casual' thing, golf jumpers, farah troosers etc.

It's a uniform, a way of fitting in and a way of annoying others!!

p.s I still wear the occasional metal t-shirt.

Yeah I was a bit of a metal person myself :-)

I'm not sure it's the same though. Mods, rockers, punks, goths, they were/are part of an identifiable culture (of sorts), they proudly identify themselves as such along with the music, clothes, etc.

Neds are much more vauge, almost as if they are drawn (or born) into becoming a ned without ever realising it.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby TEAMSANO » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:54 pm

this is something i often wonder, because the burberry or aquascutum cap is such a 'noted' ned accessory that it surprises me that anyone can still wear one.
TEAMSANO
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby John » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:54 pm

I was on a 263 bus recently and some neds were drinking buckfast and kicking off to much tutting from the fellow passengers. After enduring this gentle disapproval one of the neds stood up and announced to the bus "I wear sports gear and gold chains; I drink Buckie; I AM A NED!"

He was certainly self aware. They were obnoxious little shits though.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby glasgowken » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:08 pm

That's what I was afraid of, that some of them actually aspire to it :roll: Sad.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:37 pm

Flash_Andy wrote:
What I want to know is this? the footy shirts always disappear after a couple of weeks. Do the neds just start wearing them again? :?

Here's what happened.....a ned drunk this

Ended up in here

Theres you're footy shirt FA, its even being washed for the next ned to steal it
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:35 pm

I'd like to know if neds are aware of the fact that the general population hate you and rip the pish right out of you.

Why would you want to dress up and act like someone that is presented on TV with real laughter?
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Graham » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:17 am

You'd think by his age he'd have grown out of it.....

unlike these wee scroats that were getting a telling off from one of the park rangers when I happened along.....

"Gonnae take wur picture inat mistur?"

I was banned for being homophobic.
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:24 am

::): The other day I saw a kid sharing his ice cream with his dog, ugh.

What were they doing, they look quite harmless ?
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:01 am

The thing about Glasgow neds is they come in all shapes, sizes and ages. There are now ned families breeding with inpunity, making it a "family business".

We have a fat ned in the next block to us. He's about 40 and plays really naff music out of a permanently stationary car (no wheels).

And what is the biggest size you can get a football top? In Glasgow, it must be XXXXXXXL.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions