Dentist

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Dentist

Postby Ally Doll » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:37 pm

I'm being mucked about by my dental practice (not in Glasgow, but in Carluke), and would be grateful for some advice on which ones are good and which to avoid. I'd prefer an NHS dentist in the west end, but any decent one will do!

Thanks.
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mooshimooshisan » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:41 pm

My dentist is pretty good, as far as you can call a dentist good, that is! It's Pollokshields Dental Practice off Albert Drive. I still travel there from the west as it was less hassle than finding one that would actually take new patients on.
mooshimooshisan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Dentist

Postby red_kola » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:03 pm

Ally Doll wrote:I'm being mucked about by my dental practice (not in Glasgow, but in Carluke), and would be grateful for some advice on which ones are good and which to avoid. I'd prefer an NHS dentist in the west end, but any decent one will do!

Thanks.

The Park Practice.
61 Park Road, Glasgow, G4 9JE. 0141 334 1211

I needed a dentist in a hurry and they were the only people who could fit me in "today". When it came time to pay I was surprised to find out that they had also automatically enrolled me as an NHS patient. I had been expecting to pay through the nose, particularly due to the urgency.

I thought it was impossible to get an NHS dentist these days
Destroy All Monsters
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Dentist

Postby hazy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:46 pm

Brill dentest in Cesnock right next to the underground. The spelling here might be wrong but the name is Dipoulo.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Socceroo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:53 pm

Di Paola and Freedman. Were brilliant dentists years ago, but think they are long gone although the name stayed. I think they sold out.

It is now a franchise Dentist of some big Medical / Dental Group based down south.

Last time i went was a bad experience a very bad experience. :cry:
Socceroo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby commuter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 am

red_kola wrote:
Ally Doll wrote:I'm being mucked about by my dental practice (not in Glasgow, but in Carluke), and would be grateful for some advice on which ones are good and which to avoid. I'd prefer an NHS dentist in the west end, but any decent one will do!

Thanks.

The Park Practice.
61 Park Road, Glasgow, G4 9JE. 0141 334 1211

I needed a dentist in a hurry and they were the only people who could fit me in "today". When it came time to pay I was surprised to find out that they had also automatically enrolled me as an NHS patient. I had been expecting to pay through the nose, particularly due to the urgency.

I thought it was impossible to get an NHS dentist these days

Hi red_kola,

I have just started using Park Practice too, was this a major success for you, did you stay with them? It is brilliant that they offer an NHS service. They also seem to have a really good reputation when it comes to teeth whitening - do you know of anyone who has had this treatment with them? As a former smoker, I feel I may choose to have this done and this practice seems to be the best place to have it done properly :!: Apologies if this isn't something you have tried :!:
commuter
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby busdriver » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Not West end but very good Dentist, would recommend her any day.

Kelvin Smile Centre
1933 Maryhill Road
GLASGOW
20 0BX

0141-945-2016

You'll find them along Maryhill Road just before the train station if coming from the City Center.
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re:

Postby Mori » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Socceroo wrote:Di Paola and Freedman. Were brilliant dentists years ago, but think they are long gone although the name stayed. I think they sold out.

It is now a franchise Dentist of some big Medical / Dental Group based down south.

Had a similar expereince with this practice, Di Paola and Freedman had left and i wasent aware of that when the bad expereince occured, was seriously considering suing the new owners for their evil and bad practices. Never went back here, real shame as i had used the dentist for many years before that.

Use Mr Sheriff at Water Row Govan, a very good practice with great efficiency and nice manerd staff. :D
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby viceroy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:33 am

Mori wrote:
Socceroo wrote:Di Paola and Freedman. Were brilliant dentists years ago, but think they are long gone although the name stayed. I think they sold out.

Had a similar expereince with this practice, Di Paola and Freedman had left and i wasent aware of that when the bad expereince occured, was seriously considering suing the new owners for their evil and bad practices. Never went back here, real shame as i had used the dentist for many years before that.

Use Mr Sheriff at Water Row Govan, a very good practice with great efficiency and nice manerd staff. :D

Can only concur with what previous posters have said. I was with Di Paola and Freedman for many years and perfectly satisfied until they both retired and the practice got taken over. After that it was a different dentist every time you went for a check-up, usually just qualified within the previous six months and with a degree from some outlandish place you thought had disappeared from the face of the earth with the demise of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Eventually I registered with the Hillington Park dental practice at Cardonald, just opposite Morrisons. Closer to home and so far no cause for complaint.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby adamk9343 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm

I've been using the Park Practice http://www.parkpracticehealth.co.uk on Park Road for some years now, Mike is an excellent dentist, very knowledgeable and hugely professional. Everyone behind the reception desk are always friendly and the place is always spotlessly clean. I would highly recommend these guys.
adamk9343
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby danielehall21 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:13 am

Being to a dentist is a big trouble and more tough task is to find a good one. Not all the dentists are good. I had a root canal surgery about 2yrs ago and that dentist was not good, due to which I had to move to another dentist for another surgery. :( Then I moved to Hillington Park dental practice which is quite good. Efficient dentists, clean environment and everything. It was good to be there. I suggest you must visit there. :)
To know more about dental sciences:
sterilizer || root canal sealer
danielehall21
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:27 am

I used to hate going to the dentist. But not any more.

My current dentist is a rather attractive young lady with a sexy Irish accent, who works away at my gub with her boobs pressed up against the side of my head. :D
Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:29 am

cue benny hill music.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 am

banjo wrote:cue benny hill music.

It made a trip to the dentist on my birthday last year bearable. ;)
Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hillbilly » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:19 am

Would recommend a new practice in plean st yoker. they have been very good with me after an unpleasant experience with another butcher/dentist on Dumbarton rd in scotstoun.
THE MASTER OF THE CARAVAN :
But who are ye in rags and rotten shoes,
You dirty-bearded, blocking up the way?

THE PILGRIMS :
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
Always a little further:
hillbilly
First Stripe
First Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions