Play - Top Trumps; Guff Album Covers

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Fossil » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:31 pm

I can’t live looking like this This was the heart full plea of Ken Post. Soon after he had a face lift and changed his name to Jim Post

Ken Post

Jim Post
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Bex Bissell » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:03 am

Jesus Christ almighty thats....good god...save the children, save the children, wont somebody please save the children.

Next up we have the rappin rev.
Dr C Dexter III, who hails from a long line of entertainers.
His Grandfather Dr C Dexter I was nicknamed the Swinging Soprano, and his album was entitled, "Im Into That".
His father Dr C Dexter II was known as the Charming Crooner and had an album entitled "You like it, I like it"
Then came the Rappin Rev with..

Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:59 am

There's allways going to be a downside to drug re-hab no matter how good the intention.

I'd stick to doing drugz fellas it's gods will after all.
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:17 am

I recognise a few famous faces in there, Jock Stein(Top Right) Simon Mccorkindale(Left, 3 down), Reggie Kray (front) and Jack Kerouac (right 4 down).
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:12 am

Heres a classic album/artist that I'm really surprised hasnt been posted before.

Ladies n Gents I present to you Dougie Pincock.

Dougie, previously an inmate of the notorious H wing (nonce house) in Peterhead Prison, underwent the controversial "Wattage" rehab project in the late 80's following a two day long deviant rampage in the Kirkpatrick Hills involving a heard of sheep, the shepherds wife and a washing line full of her underwear.

Channeling his energies away from sheep and ladies bri-nylon undergarments too the skirll of the pipes Dougie wrote and produced this tender album which encapulates the days and moments leading up to his bizzare and twisted "Highland fling".

Jed Buckstops of the NME wrote "A fantastic debut album"
Quincy White; Rolling Stone; "Timeless, great use of the Flugal Horn"
Brian Forbes; The Kirkpatrick Enquirer; "They let him out? When?"
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:26 am

Heres another great example of listen and wonder, which was all the rage in the 70's.

Following up on the success of their appearance with gammie leg lover Paul McCartknee, The Royal Scots Dragoon guards, cashed in on their popularity with "Pipe Band Magic"

You may not know or remember this but your mum n dad would have their friends round for an evenings drinks and as the conversation began to wain someone would try to liven things up by popping something on the Danceset.
Pipeband Magic sold over 27 million copies worldwide and undoubtedly entertained a generation with little else to keep them amused with some of the worlds greatest magic tricks ever done on vinyl.

Listen to side one and you'll reel back with amazement as the Dragoons make an Elephant disappear in front of your very ears.
Wonder in awe as on side two they perform the floating in thin air trick.
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:01 pm

Why does the title of this album not surprise me.
Anyone got any info on Jane Turrif?

Also, I'm looking for the first 3 in the series does anyone have them, willing to pay the going rate.

And I found this wee gem up in the loft.

Child prodigy and arrsonist Deirdre Adamson.
Recorded in the secure wing of Leverndale Hospital, Deirdre put together some of the greatest tunes ever to be heard being played on the squeeze box on ward E...such as, Smoke gets in my eyes and the toe tapping, foot stomping smash...A class full of children locked in a room, I poured in some petrol and the place went boom!

Did you know? 10 years later Deirdre went on to feature in an album already posted on this thread? can you guess?? aye thats it, "Shes A Big Lass, She's A Bonnie Lass"
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:36 pm

Aye good yin! it's a trick question, nobody knows where it is, it's a closely guarded secret where they go when they get releaseed back out into the community.
But I think it's just down stream from where big Cathy done her photo shoot for this album.

*As seen in the Saracens Head Karaoke contest 1989.
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Play - Top Trumps; Guff Album Covers

Postby Fossil » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:47 am

*Bump
Bex, are you ready?

Fossil
Fossil
-
-

Postby Bex Bissell » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:07 am

Shoot!
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re:

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:08 am

Bex Bissell wrote:Why does the title of this album not surprise me.
Anyone got any info on Jane Turrif?

Jane Turriff
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:05 am

The record industry is a fickle master and unforgiving mistress.
Millions can be made and lost in one spilt decision.
Many records companies like to keep to a niche so that they get to know the consumer and his taste and even go on to start a movement or fashion trend. Take for example Factory Records in Manchester, with Joy Division, Happy Mondays, The Inspiral Carpet or Island Records with U2 or even Creation Records with their 90’s vibe with Oasis, the Boo Radleys, Jesus and The Mary Chain.

Deca records however are a prime example of how focusing on a niche can be detrimental to the company on a whole. Deca bosses seriously misread a lot of the signs during the 80’s, with polyester and lyrca big on the scene, handlebar moustaches being sported by almost every iconic male at the time, Graham Souness, Yosser Hughes, Tom Sellik Deca bosses decided that they should drop acts like Lena Martel, Englebert Humperdink and concentrate more on their niche, sadly though record sales were poor and acts such as Paddy (The Stroker) Roberts were confined to playing gigs in Brighton and certain parts of Shropshire. Needles to say songs such as Tuggin ma Pug and Reach around Rover never got any air play in this country.
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:19 am

::): class
Fossil
-
-

Postby Fossil » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:59 am

Your God dam right he’s real.
This album reordered in Alabama in the Early 60’s became a classic in Churches and places of worship up and down the Bible belt of America.

The tracks on the album were up-lifting and gave a sense that were not alone in the universe
Titles like:
Oh God Oh God When is you coming.
The Pastor touched me and I feel whole.
He’s hot and red. He’s the Devil.
Pitch fork on the anus.
Burn them fuckers they don’t like Jesus.
Man love is tricky the first time.
Four Wives are better then one.
Whiskey is Satan’s urine.
God loves guns.
Hitler had a mom too.
Cotton Pickers love the sun.

Are some of the classic hymns sung in churches to this day.

The two brothers Zachery-Paul & Ethan-Jesus Gilchrist never really made it to the billboard charts. The money they made for the album was soon swallowed up by wide and varied sex parties and their fall from grace was never to far away. Zachery-Paul died in a hotel room with his brother after a coke filled orgy. Unfortunately the company they had with them that day also died. 19st Annie “Sweetie-pie” Brown and 22st Candy Wrapper also died that evening.
A formal verdict of death by

“fucking tarts with massive tits and getting them to tie your ball bags to light fittings was used by the coroner.”

God Bless them

Fossil
Fossil
-
-

Postby Bex Bissell » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:12 pm

Music “moguls” such as Lois Welsh and Jonathan King are always on the look out for fresh talent. Unlike us mere mortals they can spot talent at 100 paces, in fact they are so adept at talent spotting that they often offer huge sums of money and rides in their Rolls Royce’s to trouble teenage boys who they themselves didn’t even have an inkling they could sing.
They are driven by a desire to find the next great thing and this hunger leads them to trawl the holiday camps for entertainers or constantly cruise up and down Old Street outside Kings Cross Station and even on some occasion public lavatories in order to fulfil their musical desires.
It was whilst sewing mailbags at her majesties pleasure that Mr King dreamt up this quirky 5 some.
Formed from inmates from Peterhead’s notorious H wing, they never really took off and only played a handful of gigs in Cleveland and the Orkneys they soon disbanded.
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions