Ever had an electric shock

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby duncan » Tue May 24, 2005 9:18 pm

mustardman wrote:Fucking escalator in St.Enoch Centre

electric shocks are why this sort of man-machine love is still taboo.
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alycidon » Tue May 24, 2005 9:26 pm

This has got to top the lot - warning, shows a willy!

http://punchbaby.com/media/gitfakt/clips/sick/chargepenis.mpg
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinny the Mackem » Tue May 24, 2005 9:50 pm

My dad's a former spark/TV engineer and has had many shocks in his time. I remember one where he was fixing his mate's telly and he got a shock from the tube. Went right through his thumbnail! OOyah!

Although he didn't get a shock from this next incident, it's worth reporting. Not long after he finished his apprenticeship he was working with a one man band as a spark. They two of them went to a job somewhere (I understand) in North Yorkshire. Found the site, which was a garage they were to rewire, and decided to pop round for a spot of lunch. Found the local pub. Had a pie and a pint. They were drinking the local brew, which turned out to be Theakston's Old Peculiar. They then get involved with a game of darts with the locals and several pints of Old Peculiar later, decide they really should get back to the job.

So, pissed as farts, they head back to this garage. His boss "found" the correct wire to cut into first, but had not turned the electricity supply off. Now, apparently, this was a much higher voltage then usual. Cue large blinding flash and big bang, and pliers permanently fused to the wire!

Deciding that there was nothing else that could be done, his boss called it a day and left the poor garage owner with no electricity to run his business! They weren't asked back to recify their "error"!!
Vinny the Mackem
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Apollo » Wed May 25, 2005 9:10 pm

Ref to 3-phase brought another one to mind.

Years ago, went to a job down in a Lockerbie creamery, and got talking the (old and wrinkly) plant spark. They had their own sewage treatment plant on the edge of the site, and he used to have to go down and start it up regularly. As the drive motor was large, it had a large star-delta starter. Virtually an antique, it was a pedestal with two handles, to be operated manually in the correct sequence.

Most of the story was as told him by his mates, because all he could remember was going down and preparing to start the pumps. The wiring had failed and he'd basically grabbed hold of two handles on separate phases.

Fortunately, he'd gone down at the end of the day, and when he wasn't around to clock off with the other sparkies, they just thought he was busy so went to see if there was a problem. When the found him, he was flat out and bleeding from everywhere, eyes, ears, nose, fingernails etc. They reckoned he was dead, but rushed him to the medical centre. The nurse found his heart beating ok, but couldn't wake him. He woke on his own a little later, and amazed everyone as he didn't suffer any after effects.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stranger » Wed May 25, 2005 10:17 pm

when i was an apprentice the mechanics had great fun getting us to pull
spark plug leads off running engines (10kv) lesson learned quickly

also i remember one poor sod who had his fingers trapped and then zapped again and again on the tips of his fingers ouch!!!
stranger
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby trickntoots » Thu May 26, 2005 12:11 am

How about a pretend shock.....

I was so fed up getting the horn pamped at me walking by the wee car, usually in a dream or tired and I inevitably jumped. Maybe the last straw was my husband shaking the big wheel seat while I was half way through the clouds. Who knows but frights came often usually in the middle of The Exorcist type movies.

Years later he was fixing the thermostat..... everything was totally disconnected and as I walked past him I buzzed his bottom with my finger....a pointy and loud....bzzzzzzz

he jumped in the air big time and screamed like a big jessie.......

poetic justice takes time......

:P
trickntoots
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby shuttle534 » Thu May 26, 2005 11:21 pm

I did the same as someone else here.
I put my finger in the socket of a table lamp that had no bulb in it, but was plugged in.
I should have known better really....I took the bulb out earlier on.
shuttle534
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sharon » Fri May 27, 2005 9:12 am

duncan wrote:
mustardman wrote:Fucking escalator in St.Enoch Centre

electric shocks are why this sort of man-machine love is still taboo.

::): ::): ::):
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Apollo » Fri May 27, 2005 11:56 am

How about kids and electricity?

When I was in single digit years, I got left at home with the babysitter one night. After pulling a plug out the wall, I carefully checked to see how it went back in, only to find the two little holes were now blocked (yes, now I know it's a safety shutter). Problem, how to get the plug back in. Resourceful as ever, and having owned a screwdriver since I was in my pram (I'm told I unscrewed the bottom to get out one day) the trusty driver was employed to move the offending blockage. Cue large bang, and hint to babysitter, who hadn't noticed all the sockets were dead, that I was tired and wanted to go to sleep.

Needless to say, there was something of an inquisition a few hours later :roll:
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions