The 'Homers' Network!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: The 'Homers' Network!

Postby bomber » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

After visiting this site for many years on and off ive decided to register!

And im a corgi (soon to be gas safe registered) Engineer so if u need any fires, back boilers, cookers, boilers and combis repaired or serviced then be sure to let me know!
bomber
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Peetabix » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Welcome bomber. I just wish you'd have come on a few weeks back, needed a gas cooker fitted. :(
Last edited by Peetabix on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:32 pm

bomber wrote:After visiting this site for many years on and off ive decided to register!

And im a corgi (soon to be gas safe registered) Engineer so if u need any fires, back boilers, cookers, boilers and combis repaired or serviced then be sure to let me know!

Welcome bomber

Does that include oil run Aga's and Rayburns? Do you have any HETAS registration for help with solid fuel burners?
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mrlipring » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Think I'll need a new gas cooker fitted pretty soon actually.

I'm a bit confused about the new regulations regarding FSDs too, is it any flat that needs one with an FSD, or only flats above a certain floor/flats in high rises etc?

And am I right in saying that it's only new ovens that need one? I could quite legally get a 20 year old oven off ebay and have it fitted perfectly legally, but if I get one from Comet (not that it'd be my first port of call!), it'd need an FSD?
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bomber » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:33 pm

dave3009 wrote:
bomber wrote:After visiting this site for many years on and off ive decided to register!

Welcome bomber

Does that include oil run Aga's and Rayburns? Do you have any HETAS registration for help with solid fuel burners?

Im afraid not! although when i renew my corgi this year i will be adding range cookers such as agas. What are you needing done and ill try and find out if any of my colleagues know someone?
bomber
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby bomber » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:37 pm

mrlipring wrote:Think I'll need a new gas cooker fitted pretty soon actually.

I'm a bit confused about the new regulations regarding FSDs too, is it any flat that needs one with an FSD, or only flats above a certain floor/flats in high rises etc?

And am I right in saying that it's only new ovens that need one? I could quite legally get a 20 year old oven off ebay and have it fitted perfectly legally, but if I get one from Comet (not that it'd be my first port of call!), it'd need an FSD?

Hi the new rules are that if you stay in a multi occupancy dwelling then you need an fsd (flame supervision device) fitted. Basically if you stay in a flat or a 4 in a block then you can only fit a cooker or hob that has one. If you stay in a detatched or semi detatched house then you dont!

With regards to ovens, ovens have always had some form of fsd fitted, This new rule relates to the burners that you put your pots n pans on. And im afraid the age of the oven doesnt matter, its the date of installation!

Hope this helps!

Bomber
bomber
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby mrlipring » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:40 am

It does indeed! That's why it's better to ask someone who actually knows!

Now the fun bit, choosing what cooker to get... What does a cooker fitting run to these days, and do you cover Rutherglen? :)
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bomber » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:55 pm

I can come and have a look at it if you want and advise you on what you need, and if i can did out my passport then im sure i can manage rutherglen! :mrgreen:
bomber
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby rabmania » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:07 pm

You look likely to be popular Bomber. Welcome- and I don't need anything doing. yet....
rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bravotwozero » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:27 am

yea am a musician
do private functions,birthdays,wedding,funerals etc
bravotwozero
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby mrlipring » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:10 pm

bomber wrote:I can come and have a look at it if you want and advise you on what you need, and if i can did out my passport then im sure i can manage rutherglen! :mrgreen:

Good stuff. I'll give you a shout sooner or later then. Gotta pick the cooker first... :roll: :wink:
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby big jim » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:06 am

bomber dont suppose your the same one from FTF :?:
big jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby enailer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:38 pm

I`m a joiner. I see people drinking and I join them. :twisted: ::):
Lookin out through a Whisky coloured haze
enailer
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby flyman » Sat May 09, 2009 3:57 pm

Just noticed this and at first i thought it was about the Simpsons,but im a slater/roughcaster so i suppose i am kinda like Homer J cos im always looking for dough :wink:
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby john4703 » Mon May 11, 2009 5:53 pm

bomber wrote:I can come and have a look at it if you want and advise you on what you need, and if i can did out my passport then im sure i can manage rutherglen! :mrgreen:

As someone who lives in Rutherglen I ask would you really trust someone called 'Bomber' to fit a gas cooker? 8) I'd really want to check his passport, and my insurance, before the explosion. ::):
john4703
Just settling in
Just settling in

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions