Moving to Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Moving to Glasgow

Postby irishlassie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:39 pm

Hey All,
So Ive just discovered I got my dream job and I will be moving to Glasgow. Ive seen a few rentals I like, but just unsure about Areas. Ive seen an amazing house in Springboig (Hollowglen Road) which I love but want to make sure I will be safe as Im living by myself etc. Other areas I have seen is kirkintilloch (Peter D) and uddingston (again ive seen a house around redwood crescent) any advice would be greatly appreciated!
irishlassie
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Moving to Glasgow

Postby weasler » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:08 am

I don't really know these area's that well. But from reputation alone, I would go with Kirkintilloch first then Uddingston then Springboig. The latter had a bit of a reputation in the 80,s and 90,s for criminal violence between gangs/factions, but not heard much about the area of late.
weasler
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby RDR » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:49 pm

irishlassie wrote:Hey All,
So Ive just discovered I got my dream job and I will be moving to Glasgow. Ive seen a few rentals I like, but just unsure about Areas. Ive seen an amazing house in Springboig (Hollowglen Road) which I love but want to make sure I will be safe as Im living by myself etc. Other areas I have seen is kirkintilloch (Peter D) and uddingston (again ive seen a house around redwood crescent) any advice would be greatly appreciated!

With regard to Uddingston, it all depends what bit of Uddingston you mean. Central Uddingston is very nice, but expensive and also has good train and bus links into Glasgow City Centre. However, the Uddingston postcode also covers both Viewpark and Tannochside, both of which have big schemes and parts of which are a bit difficult. So, if you opt for Uddingston check which part they actually mean.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby FlyingBF » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZqiSKIB9g
I've already been to Glasgow a couple of times and I really fell in love with the city. The Video I've attached here describes all those amazing places in the city. I also suggest you install TripAdvisor app (browse for the review on androidgo.fun). This app will help you out with booking hotels and restaurants. And I strongly recommend visiting the botanic garden, it's so beautiful I just can't describe.
FlyingBF
Just settling in
Just settling in

Return to Random Distractions